PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation

dacer
16-09-16, 18:18
Hallo All,

I'm back after 4 years or so of being quite well. Gutted.
I'm taking a high dose of Amitriptyline and have also been prescribed quetiapine.

Not doing much this time. Has anyone found medication that has improved this kind of horrible condition? How about Lyrica or
venlafaxine?

Thanks
Dave

Jenijar
16-09-16, 19:33
Hello, how long did you have derealisation for the last time you had it? Sorry to hear it's come back.
I've had DP/DR for just over a year now, I've tried;
Venlafaxine - for 2 months but it didn't help me
Prozac - for around 12 days, made me feel so much worse, anxiety and agitation really high
Sertraline - for 3.5 weeks it made me feel I was going crazy (even though I had taken it for many years previously)
Quetiapine - (I went up to 100mg) I didn't find it helped, and when I went to see the psychiatrist she took me off it as she thought it was adding to my feelings of unreality.
Mirtazapine - for a couple of months, it didnt help.
Olanzapine - I only took for a week but it made DP/DR much worse

I'm currently taking 20mg escitalopram and 1mg flupentixol, I've still got DP/DR though. I'm thinking of trying clomipramine.
How does your derealisation feel?

dacer
17-09-16, 07:59
For me it lasted about six months. Got a feeling this is going to last quite a bit more this time, sigh catastrophe thinking.

I feel like I'm not properly in my body with little sense of self and impaired memory.

Jenijar
17-09-16, 14:48
How long have you had it for this time so far?
I had it for 6 months last time and went 8 years without it, now I've had it for a year so far this time.
What do you mean by impaired memory? As I have an issue with memory but mine is that my memories from before a year ago (pre DP) all feel so distant like it was literally a different lifetime ago. Ive been staying with my parents, but my house now seems like it's just a memory and no longer exists, so on the occasions I go back there it's as though I'm just in a memory. It's hard to explain but I feel it with other places to and it's distressing