PDA

View Full Version : Help i'm having a panic attack!!!

Petesy
17-09-16, 19:20
Please someone talk to me I've phoned NHS 24 and they said it could be up to 2 hours until the nurse phones back!

I'm feeling really breathless and apprehensive about going aswell because i suffer from white coat syndrome!!

Omg i haven't been as bad as this for years!!! :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

Phuzella
17-09-16, 19:32
Try to calm your breathing down

Carnation
17-09-16, 19:40
Petesy I am here, just sit calmly and breath slowly and gently.
Clasp your hands like a prayer and gently make round circles, this will calm you. x

---------- Post added at 19:39 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Try to think straight. If they said they would call you in up to 2 hours, then they don't think you are in any danger.

Remember, it always passes. You have got yourself in to a state today and it has built up in to a panic attack. It is the fear, no more. x

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:39 ----------

You will be ok. The feelings are adrenalin, no more x

Petesy
17-09-16, 19:55
Thank you phuzella and Carnation :hugs:

I'm still on edge but that has just taken everything out of me to the stage were i ain't worth a button!!

My partner says i look exhausted now... And she agrees with you Carnation that I've worked myself up all day and it's came to a head... They still haven't called back yet.

My partner says she thinks i need their reassurance before my mind can be at peace xx

Thank you very much guys xx I'll keep you posted still feeling shakey.

Carnation
17-09-16, 20:14
It sounds like you peaked, so you will start to feel better now. x

Petesy
17-09-16, 22:21
Shaken up Carnation! still lingering... Like the brain is firing away still anxious but the body is to exhausted after that big one! X

Thank you btw :bighug1:

Carnation
17-09-16, 23:41
You will be Petesy. It's been building up and now you will feel drained and very delicate. A good night's sleep will help. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. :hugs:

georgewing
26-09-16, 06:44
Try to stay in a yoga position and breath deep and focus on your respiration .This will make you to calm your mind and body and will relaxate you as weel .It also may be hard but try with powerful to think as something that makes you happy and forget about your panick attacks