PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

Lissy43
27-03-07, 20:03
I keep getting headaches at the crown of my head and down the back of my head and my ears feel tight and like pressure is in them. Then I have shooting pains at the side of my head, esp on the right.

Could this be tension? I am so worried about a brain tumour or clot or something serious. The dr yesterday checked my eyes and said they were fine, my bp is also fine. Should I relax?:weep:

reddevil
27-03-07, 20:51
Hi,

I suffered with headaches, it's what started me off with health anxiety.
I had this headache 24/7 for two years and let me tell you, it crippled my life.

I had all those symtoms, which you mentioned and mine was anxiety related as I also had all the tests performed.

Red

nomorepanic
27-03-07, 21:11
Could you get a lovely head, neck and back massage to help?

Lissy43
27-03-07, 21:13
Thank you Red,

Oh poor you, I suffer so much. I even have pressure in my ears lately and in my face. I wonder if its all related.

nomorepanic
27-03-07, 21:17
Well that will be the sinuses I guess - that you have problems with.

Lissy43
27-03-07, 21:28
I shall try tonight;-)

Lissy43
27-03-07, 21:29
Well the dr yesterday said my sinuses are completly fine to touch so its not that he said its just ear pressure left over from a virus so to use the steroid spray. Ears looked better than they did 3 weeks ago aparently?? but he said they were fine last time, lol!

looking4answers
28-03-07, 07:33
Absolutely..i have it everyday and everynight . I am starting to worry about taking so much tylenol but have asked two doctors and they say im not taking that much .. yes its tension..just try to relax..relax your body and your mind let you body go limp and blank your mind i have to do this to sleep every night and yes headache almost can count the moment when i start having one.. can set a clock by it . tension for sure

Lissy43
28-03-07, 10:16
The numbness on my right temple is concerning me though, ive had this for a few days now.

cazza
28-03-07, 10:56
Hi Cherry
A year ago i had all of these symptoms terrible headaches that would not go no mattter what i took pains in my ears and like a heavy weight in my jaw. Dizzyness lightheaded all the time blurred vision and looking back it must have been strss it will only go if you except what it is doctors know we just dont somehow believe them!:winks:
carol x

Lissy43
28-03-07, 12:48
I know its terrible isn't it.

The GP on monday checked my eyes, bp etc... said im fine just still have a virus lingering. My bloods were fine 8 weeks ago so he said im healthy just abit run down and stressed at the moment.

Why don't I feel happy then?lol!

ailsajayne26
28-03-07, 13:23
Hi Cherry, so much sympathy for you!!
I had same problem... a bit of stress (moving house!) mixed in with pre cold sinus pain!! I get sinus problems a lot... anyway Dr said tension for definate and recommended massaging my temples to break the cycle of pain for a bit. It does work, if you feel your temples you prob find that you can feel the muscles and they are like stone!! It does help...

My pains were the usual sinus bits then sharp pains in my temples and across my head (like the pains you got when u were a kid wearing those plastic alice band things!) Alos almost like a crawling feeling in my scalp, I can tell the pain is outside my brain so to speak! Sinus problems can apparently add to tension headaches as you kinda end up scowling a bit cos it hurts! The other thing that works (well worked for me!) was sitting down for a gossip with someone.. and having a laugh! relaxed me out of it!

Hope this helps!!

Lissy43
28-03-07, 20:12
Fab, thanks hun.