PDA

View Full Version : Constant fear of Schizophrenia and other issues.

SuperBugMan
18-09-16, 18:22
I'm pretty sure I'm going crazy.

I have delt with anxiety in the past, but at the beginning of the month I had some of the worst panic attacks of my life. I was convinced, I had brain cancer, lympomas, aids, and other assorted shit. I was convinced.

Since that initial attack I feel like I've been loosing touch with reality. I'm still having weird visual issues (specs, small flashes of color and visual snow) and tinnitus. In general I just feel like shit, I want to sleep all day (but I cant actually sleep) and am worried that I will just go crazy overnight.

I get intrusive thoughts and right after I think them I wonder if its the start of psychosis and feel like a piece of shit for even thinking them. I analyze every sound and thing i see to make sure its not the start of hallucinations.

I dont know what to do. I'm about to start school (UCSB, 3rd year) and I feel like I am loosing my ****ing mind.

I saw a psych on the 8th and got put on Cymbalta. I dont have the panic anymore, I just feel like shit, with anxiety. I feel like I am in a dream.

My latest symptoms include flickering vision, flashes in vision, visual snow, dream like state, and emotional blunting.

What if I dont go back to normal?

ServerError
18-09-16, 18:32
If you were experiencing psychosis, you wouldn't be on here questioning your sanity. It's very unlikely you'd recognise it if you were having the early signs of psychosis. People with schizophrenia can become capable of recognising their condition and the symptoms, but this generally requires treatment before they can gain any insight. The simple rule is, if you're coherent and worrying about psychosis, you aren't experiencing it.

As for your symptoms, I've been through them all. I really have. So have others. The dreamlike state and emotional blunting are scary, but they don't mean you are going mad. You can feel on the verge of losing your sanity and slipping into psychosis, but no matter how hard you try, it won't happen. I'm not saying you're immune to it, but you don't have it.

BrokenAge
19-09-16, 00:30
Talk to anyone whose experienced Psychosis. They'll all tell you that they had no idea what was happening. They lost touch with reality. You don't have any insight when it happens. That would contradict it's self. You're fully aware. You're just anxious. Trust me,I've been there done that.

Scaredlady
19-09-16, 07:18
I've sent you a private message SuperBugMan - We have the same concerns.

ServerError
19-09-16, 11:24
I've sent you a private message SuperBugMan - We have the same concerns.

In both cases, the fear is entirely unfounded. You do not have schizophrenia. The first most people know when they have schizophrenia is when they've been sectioned and given antipsychotic drugs that lessen the symptoms and allow the patient to gain insight. If you're sat around worrying you might have it, it's a good indication you don't.

LuLuLime
19-09-16, 17:00
Dude are you my twin? I'm having the exact same visual issues. Seriously, we're so alike in our symptoms and fears I'm semi considering that you may be a hallucination. I went to a psych on the 13th and got prescribed yoga and meditation to help me sleep, lol. Mind keeping me updated on your progress? We're anxiety twins.

SuperBugMan
20-09-16, 00:57
Dude are you my twin? I'm having the exact same visual issues. Seriously, we're so alike in our symptoms and fears I'm semi considering that you may be a hallucination. I went to a psych on the 13th and got prescribed yoga and meditation to help me sleep, lol. Mind keeping me updated on your progress? We're anxiety twins.

Will do!