PDA

View Full Version : Upon Waking I see...

Southernbluebelle
18-09-16, 22:21
I swing in & out of health anxiety. A few times in the last several months, I wake up to a see-through spot in my vision (usually pinkish). After a few moments of blinking, it will disappear. I've now convinced myself of the worst thing & I can't shake the fear/depression. I have a doctor visit set up for Oct 4, but I'm a wreck trying to function. Anyone else have something similar happen to them? I do normally have a headache after or during that day... Is it possible to wake up with a migraine aura?!?! I tried googling, but of course it says that it's horrible thing....never good. Help! Please!

lifeofbrian
18-09-16, 22:45
Hi Blue, I have had so many things wrong with me physically that turn out to be nothing you wouldn't believe. I used to wake up with my vision spinning from left to right like my eyeballs were spinning in my head, I'm not joking, I mentioned it to a doctor and he laughed. I once had a headache for a year, never saw a doc for that one though. If you're an anxiety sufferer usually, this could easily be the cause, I mean if it's there every day, I'd say there's something wrong. That being said, reality time, it may be an early sign of something, and it makes a massive difference to catch things early. So good luck, but I won't say try not to worry, 'cus that's silly, but try and take it head on and be realistic about it.

Southernbluebelle
18-09-16, 23:22
Then I fear what it might be the start of....catching it early. Oh, my anxieties are wrapped up in the catching the scary "C" early! I know that fears come & go, and in the moment they feel very real, but I am having trouble talking myself out of this "illogical" fear of a tumor. I hate anxiety. I hate everything about it.

Southernbluebelle
29-09-16, 23:22
So, I'm still lingering around with the fear and anxiety. As the doctor's appointment grows closer, my fears get worse (mostly because I cannot predict what it'll be like).
Still hoping that someone out there has experienced something like this to help ease my mind. Hoping.

Beckybecks
30-09-16, 07:29
Often when I wake up I see patterns on the bedroom walls. Sometimes they're like little spiders moving with my vision. I blink a few times and they're gone. Sometimes the walls are pink for a second or two. I've experienced this randomly for about five years, so I suppose if it was smith get serious I would know by now. I have HA but I have so many other anxiety symptoms that this one has never bothered me enough to see a doctor.

Southernbluebelle
30-09-16, 17:55
I guess that it's not something that most people notice. But, I tend to notice everything....and scare myself over it & spiral into full blown anxiety. I also hate waking up & wondering if I'll see spots. I actually bought an eye mask so that I wouldn't have to deal with it!

Beckybecks
30-09-16, 18:33
Actually that's a really good,idea!