PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

perimama
19-09-16, 12:14
Hi. I'm Karen, 44 and mum of 2 , and have come here due to recently experiencing levels of stress and anxiety; the most scary of which has been a sudden fear of driving on motorways! Suffered a panic attack while driving this weekend, with my 2 kids in the car and was awful! Feeling a bit confused and unsure why all this has started but am feeling a bit low and fed up as a result! Am married, but he works overseas for long periods at a time which doesn't help:yesyes:
Hope to get some great advice from others on here.:hugs:

venusbluejeans
19-09-16, 12:20
Hiya perimama and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
19-09-16, 13:20
Hi Karen,

Is there a specific thought about driving on motorways that triggered your panic attack?

I've been there, and know how you feel. But don't feel like it shouldn't limit you. We can sort it out!

helloworld
19-09-16, 22:37
Hi Karen,

I started getting panic attacks very badly a few years ago and perhaps my worst ever was while driving on motorway, so I can sympathise. Have you done anything to try and overcome the anxiety?