PDA

View Full Version : FBC Abnormal Help Please!??

Petesy
19-09-16, 12:55
Hi everyone

I went down to nurse today to get my bloods retaken because she told me that one had came back at 14 and it's meant to between 5 and 11 she said it's slightly raised and took another test!

But now I'm beside myself with absolute fear!!!! Because she said the blood test that was raised slightly is to detect swelling and that's what I originally went to my GP because i felt swelling on the right side upper abdomen!!

Ohhhh someone please tell me what blood test with a normal measurement of 5 and 11 is?? I'm terrified right now :weep::scared15:

I'm so afraid!!

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Please can someone relate or shed some light on this because I'm climbing the walls here and I'm not wanting to GOGGLE!!!

Kathryn313
19-09-16, 13:37
There are so many blood tests that it would be hard to pin point which one based on its supposed normal range. The only one i could see was thyroid but that wouldn't have anything to do with swelling. Could it have been inflammation?

One thing I am learning is that serious illnesses have results which are at the extremes and that a slightly abnormal result can be down to a number of random factors, often the same test done on a different day can be back in range. It is good that they are doing a repeat so quickly so they can get that reassurance for you.

Have you anything planned today which focuses on self care? even if its as simple as having a large glass of water.

Petesy
19-09-16, 15:27
Thanks for your reply Kathryn

I've got my GP in a half hour an appointment i made last week so I'll be able too ask him what's going on... The nurse just said here are the values and said it should be 5 or 11 mines is 14 and she said it's for swelling, i really hope it's ok tomorrow!

They were testing me for inflammation bloods and a stool sample stuff for ibs..

So if it was serious it would be extremely high then??

My fiancee has had a viral infection for a week now so i don't know if I've caught it or not Kathryn..

I do meditation and relaxation but right now my HA is through the roof.. I drink plenty of water and eat healthy.

Thanks again Kathryn x

---------- Post added at 15:27 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Quick update:

I'm just back from my GP and i was asking him about the bloods he said it's just slightly raised a bit on the inflammation he reckons, probably from a tummy bug or I've caught the viral infection my partner has had..

He said to phone up tomorrow about the retaken bloods too see if it's went back down.

My sister also called me and said she had to get hers retaken 3 times and she Googled and was at the docs right away afraid she had cancer turned out it was emotional stress, vit b12 deficiency and anemia.

Thanks Kathryn :hugs:

OhioMom65
19-09-16, 19:50
What did this test measure?
Was it a test for anemia?

Kathryn313
19-09-16, 19:51
I had raised inflammation marker but only by a couple of points, GP wasn't worried but I have asked for a retest in a month as I know it will play on my mind when my HA flares up. I am no expert so wouldn't want to post anything misleading but it seems that results can be just outside normal range for a wide range of perfectly benign reasons.

I noticed from your posts that your HA looks like it is leading you off a cliff at the present. Mine seems to do that when there is lots of lifestyle factors out of my control, so i look to control (well try to) the only thing i think i can, my health and welcome in a new bout of HA.

UnhappyWorrier
20-09-16, 10:57
If you were seriously sick your blood test would be all over the place. A few weeks ago I had a leukocyte count slightly below norm, but my doctor wasn't even concerned. She said that it's normal and can be affected by something as small as a slight infection, cold or something that just makes your body behave differently during the day of the test.