PDA

View Full Version : COPD

Leafers
19-09-16, 14:49
It seems like every little illness thats caused by smoking is spooking me. I'm 15 years old, smoked for 3 years. Been clean for a month or two now, I've narrowed some shortness of breath down to COPD. I don't know how common this stuff is in teens, I honestly think I need therapy with how much problems I think I have. But it's weighing me down, I've had a nagging cough for a good month now. No infections or anything, got FBC a while back. Went through Lymphoma fears, you name it. I don't know what caused my HA to go so crazy.

paranoid-viking
20-09-16, 00:10
Sometimes it is very easy to give reasurances when concerns are too far fetched and imaginitive.

No, you dont have COPD. 15 y/o do not get COPD. I have a relative with COPD whom as I understand was smoking 40 to 60 cigarettes per day from he was a teen until his 60s when he got the diagnosis. COPD is not uncommon in teens; it is non-existing. What you have is probably a withdrawal symptom which will eventually go away. You say you have quit this nasty habit - good. Continue with that and you will have a long and healthy life ahead of you.:)