PDA

View Full Version : A new day

Nirvana96
19-09-16, 18:31
Hello all,

My name is Richie, I'm 20. Over the past 4 years I have been battling addiction. I successfully kicked my habit many times but it only ever lasted a couple of months because I never actually changed anything, I merely told myself I was done.

This time is different because I have changed a lot of aspects in my life that would cause a relapse (moved away from friends, deleted Facebook, took up new activities etc.), although that doesn't mean I couldn't relapse, I could and quite easily.

When I stopped and moved away that's when the anxiety really took control, for awhile I was convinced I was gone crazy but I have calmed myself down from that thought. My anxiety is still quite high though, it prevents me from doing basics tasks.

I plan to start travelling in May, but I would like to 'solve' a few of my symptoms before then. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My 'obstacles':

I find it every hard to sleep at night and also find it hard to get up in the morning. Any advice to help with this?

I subconsciously clench my teeth which leads to headaches and I read this is caused by anxiety. Anyone experience this?

I recently began reading up on Buddhist meditation techniques and learning Mandarin but I am extremely unorganised and unmotivated, therefore whenever I try to organise my day it fails miserable and I end up sitting on the couch all day watching television. It feels like my mind is all clouded up. Any tips to help with this?

I worry quite a lot about everything, particularly death, not my death but the death of loved ones.

One minute I'm happy, the next I'm down... does anyone experience that?

I apologise for the lengthy post. I appreciate any advice whatsoever.

Thank you!

Buster70
19-09-16, 21:04
Hi , first well done on getting this far you obviously want things to improve , I was your age first time I had bad anxiety ( bad trip on mushrooms ) it did pass and I got on with life for many years , try not to overthink things to much keep busy and have a routine , camomile tea helps me sleep and not being on the net to late ( shit I sound like ya dad ) maybe chewing gum to hell with the teeth clenching I get through a fair bit to distract me , it's not an easy road but you've got this far so stick with it , take care good luck with the travel plans .

Nirvana96
20-09-16, 09:14
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!