PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

dale12345
20-09-16, 01:24
With health anxiety is it normal to not always be completely reassured by the Dr. Just wondering?

---------- Post added 20-09-16 at 00:24 ---------- Previous post was 19-09-16 at 23:59 ----------

I am new at this, not the anxiety but the health anxiety.

Leafers
20-09-16, 03:24
It's very normal to not be completely reassured by the Dr.
If you look you'll find a couple of forums who weren't reassured by the doctors, even myself after getting completely healthy results. Anxiety makes it very hard to be rational, especially when we convince ourselves we are staring death in the face, when in reality death wasn't even at our doorstep to begin wtih, but my aunt was a big hypochondriac who couldn't be reassured at all, last year she died of an overdose thinking she had several illnesses and I've taken to following being a hypochondriac. Anyone new to health anxiety, check out your illness. And get help for your anxiety, there are people there for you and HA shouldn't ever be fought alone, because I found out the hard way HA can linger. Hope this had enough sources to reassure you (if you are going through?) health anxiety your not alone when reassurance doesn't help all the time.

dale12345
20-09-16, 03:27
It's very normal to not be completely reassured by the Dr.
If you look you'll find a couple of forums who weren't reassured by the doctors, even myself after getting completely healthy results. Anxiety makes it very hard to be rational, especially when we convince ourselves we are staring death in the face, when in reality death wasn't even at our doorstep to begin wtih, but my aunt was a big hypochondriac who couldn't be reassured at all, last year she died of an overdose thinking she had several illnesses and I've taken to following being a hypochondriac. Anyone new to health anxiety, check out your illness. And get help for your anxiety, there are people there for you and HA shouldn't ever be fought alone, because I found out the hard way HA can linger. Hope this had enough sources to reassure you (if you are going through?) health anxiety your not alone when reassurance doesn't help all the time.

Thank you so much for your reply, sorry about your aunt. Health anxiety is like a big bully!!!

Leafers
20-09-16, 03:29
Thank you so much for your reply, sorry about your aunt. Health anxiety is like a big bully!!!

Thank you, I'm at peace with what happened. And yeah, health anxiety doesn't really know when to throw the towel up!! But that just means we gotta try to kick it to the curb.

dale12345
20-09-16, 03:37
Yeah trying hard and doing cbt therapy. I like the I am not in danger I am the danger thing.