PDA

View Full Version : Eaten old food

NotCool
20-09-16, 02:17
This is absurd.

After 5 days of having a cold, where I was wondering every day if I'll make it without the cold virus developing into something more sinister, like a bad sinus/ear infection, or even pneumonia, something NEW drills into my mind.

I'm getting over the cold virus (at least I think), and I ate a mini chocolate waffle (1x Milka Crispello). It tasted dry and weird, but I didn't give it much thought. After 40 minutes it started bugging me, and I checked the expiration date: December 2015 (!!!!).

At this point my anxiety roars, and all manners of mind connections are starting to form in my head: weakened immune system from cold, moldy bacteria, food sickness, body unable to defeat the poisoning because I have just gotten over a cold...imminent death.

I made myself vomit, and am now waiting for the next day, when it will be clear if I've gotten food poisoning (or pneumonia).

Such is life of a hypochondriac.

Leafers
20-09-16, 03:16
You would definetly feel if you had food poisoning. I ate some ice cream from 2015, it was very freezerburnt but I'm still here. Do get reassured by your doctor, though. Ask as much as you can in one visit, they are there to help. Do bring up your anxiety with them if you haven't already.