PDA

View Full Version : I just need reassurance?

gracie1030
20-09-16, 03:59
I'm 17 years old and I'm a suffering hypochondriac. For the last week, my chest has been tight, right near the heart, I've been dizzy, I've been getting sharp pains all over my chest and body, I've been shaking, and I've been feeling like my heart is going to stop at any minute. I've been to the doctor. My dad is a doctor and says i'm fine, but i don't believe him. Part of me thinks I have anxiety, but another part thinks I have legitimate heart failure because I was vegan for I year and I got pretty protein deficient by the end of that. I just need reassurance. Please, could anyone write a long paragraph telling me I'm ok? I'm having trouble breathing and not even Xanax could help me completely and I just want to feel better.

DoodleDoo
20-09-16, 04:13
Mate - it's anxiety.
Sometimes I fell like someone has reached into body and is squeezing my heart - physically. It's not happening. The (imagined) symptoms you can get from anxiety are truly horrific - but they are just that - imagined. Read some of my other posts. I was almost suicidal from the the things I (thought) I saw and the things I (thought) I felt. Do NOT underestimate what anxiety can do to you - I was the MOST CONFIDENT PERSON ON EARTH ... and I suddenly became a scared hypochondriac. I am coming out of it (I think) but it's taken two years and meds too. There is a a way out, honestly! There is no weakness in telling your Doc, and letting him giving you something to calm it all - it has worked for me - I'm not there 100% yet, but it is so much better now than where I was. UPDATE: Just in case it helps you (and I was a suicidal mess) ... my heart felt tight, it felt fluttery... I had episodes where my whole body shook, or where my hands/arms went numb, and got dizzy, confused and frustrated to the point I would bang my head against the wall. It's all a trick your brain plays on you - it's to do with gaba and serotonin levels that are present in your brain. These things can be fixed. I was cycling 100 miles a week last year but now I get out of breath just dragging the bins to the kerb. Me and you have no heart problems - we just have/had anxiety. The thing you need to do is to identify and eliminate the thing that makes you fel like shit. For me it was my job - for you it might be something else. Identify the thing in your life that makes you feel bad and get rid of it. The rest will go away.