PDA

View Full Version : Parent panic

Julesgo
20-09-16, 07:10
My 17 year old son has a bank condition and had x rays done last week. The doctor said he also wanted some blood tests done and told him to get the bloods done the next morning. Then go called within 24 hours of bloods being taken and said they needed to see us within a week. I know from personal experience if it's something simple like anaemia our go calls and speaks to you on phone before leaving a script at reception for you. I also know our gp surgery are grossly short of doctors at the moment so when they called to make this appointment with go I knew it was something to worry about so of course that is what I'm doing. I have four days wait tiĺ docs appointment. The doc who ordered the bloods told us he was looking for arthritis but would a diagnosis for arthritis be urgent? Would they routinely test for other things? I'm so scared as you can imagine. Right now a diagnosis for arthritis is the best case scenario in my head. Any help and advice on how to survive the next four days without going mad would be greatly appreciated.

hanshan
20-09-16, 14:27
Hi Julesgo,

It's really hard to even guess what the situation might be from what you say. But you are trying to guess the situation ahead of seeing the doctor. I'd say you can't, and will only worry yourself more trying.

It's only four days away, so not a long time to wait. By the same token, if it was urgent you would have been called in immediately.

Pepperpot
21-09-16, 00:00
I wouldnt even like to guess what the doc wants, but you're in my thoughts. Keep us informed x