PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

anxamillion
20-09-16, 12:45
Hey all,

Just need to get this down, so its out there!

Many years ago I suffered with anxiety - it literally kicked off with starting senior school, Id been pretty badly bullied in my last year of primary and I was dreading starting seniors. It kicked of with Disassociation, the episodes were brief and it was fairly short lasting, about six weeks. It was the scariest time of a 12 year old boys life.

I never seen those feelings again, until I was about 25 I was wrongly arrested, those couple of hours trapped in a cell were the worst of my life and brought anxiety hurtling back, this time is was panic focused surrounding trapped situations. I got it undercontrol but never really let go of the fear.

This year some 18 years later, there was a mess up with my bank account, they had accidently transferred a large amount of money into my account. I hadnt had a statement so had no idea it was there, out of the blue a letter arrived from the bank (its a standard letter but I didnt find this out till a little later) the letter made me feel like I did something wrong, it mentioned involvement of the police - as soon as I read that sentence my mind went into overdrive, I was back in that police cell again ... Boom Disassociation kicked in.

Ive spent the last year so heavily focused on the fear of DA that I feel like Im going round in circles with it, I just cant get straight with it. I struggle to talk about the symptoms because saying it outloud makes it worse, Im in constant panic mode and I just feel 'disconnected' and so alone, which couldnt be further from the truth, I have an understanding and supportive wife, a great family and a counsellor. My GP has also referred me to a Psychologist, although it looks like I could be waiting upto 4 months for that. Feeling hopeless, scared and lost :(

SelfDoubter
21-09-16, 20:11
Hi, i just wanted to say please don't feel alone. Yes it's hipocritical for me to say this to you whilst also feeling it myself but that is my disconnect, I can be there for others 100% but to think of myself it's all gets very hazy 🙈 Have you talked to your wife and counsellor about it? Get it off your chest so to speak and then think rationally about it all? You sound to have a great support system around you which is fabulous. Just got to remember your not alone, and you can turn it around again x

anxamillion
21-09-16, 21:26
Hi, thanks for the reply. I know that feeling, I can talk through anyone else's problems with complete logic, my own is a whole different thing lol

I really haven't done so well with the talking, just this overwhelming urge to keep it all in because it sounds so rediculous. Makes no sense at all!

Thanks again for your reply :)