PDA

View Full Version : need a positive light

lucy216
21-09-16, 02:03
I'm 22, turning 23 soon which depresses me (even though it shouldn't because I'm very young). I feel like I havent done anything with my life. Compared to everyone else, I feel like nothing. I've never had a boyfriend, I just graduated from college and I'm not qualified for any job. I'm so hard on myself and I can't seem to push myself to get to where I want to be. I feel very lost, and very alone. After college is when my anxiety took hold of my life, and now I feel like I can't enjoy anything. Even if I wanted to get a job, I can't. I want to have fun again, I want to be able to have a beer and not panic. This is really just not something I want to deal with anymore, and it's really depressing I can't do anything with my life.

PunkyFish
22-09-16, 12:44
I'm 22, turning 23 soon which depresses me (even though it shouldn't because I'm very young). I feel like I havent done anything with my life. Compared to everyone else, I feel like nothing. I've never had a boyfriend, I just graduated from college and I'm not qualified for any job. I'm so hard on myself and I can't seem to push myself to get to where I want to be. I feel very lost, and very alone. After college is when my anxiety took hold of my life, and now I feel like I can't enjoy anything. Even if I wanted to get a job, I can't. I want to have fun again, I want to be able to have a beer and not panic. This is really just not something I want to deal with anymore, and it's really depressing I can't do anything with my life.

Hi

Sorry to hear about the way you are feeling at the moment. I feel the same way at the moment I'm in my 20's, went to University a few years ago and I can't seem to get a job in the area that I'm qualified in. Now I work in a rubbish office job which sucks the life out of me and every job interview I've been to, I'm told I'm not good enough or I'm to over qualified. I would like to go back into education to retrain, but at the moment I can't afford it. Many of my friends are buying houses, have fantasic jobs and careers, are studying and generally sound like they are having a blast.

However for me, I'm stuck in in a dead end office job which I hate. However I do have hope and so should you! We will get to where we want to be in the end. First of all you're young and you've graduated from College which is great in itself. Second of all, there's plenty of time to have a boyfriend. Third of all, try to give yourself a break and not to be so hard on yourself. Is there anyway you could go back into education to retrain? Also having a job is not all that bad if you can find one that you actually enjoy. You need to take time to think about what you want to do with your life, only you are the person who can do this.

Life is what you make it out to be.

SLA
22-09-16, 13:21
Hi Lucy,

First of all... 23. Ha!!

I'm 33 now, and rebuilding life. Be thankful you have so much time ahead of you to make things happen.

My advice to you now is to start thinking of a few things you'd like to actually do, and focus on them. They don't have to be big, or grandiose.

Just a few small things you want to make a start on.

mezzaninedoor
22-09-16, 16:18
Thats great SLA. From small things big things can grow.
Im 52 ... Ha!

Lucy, you've got lots of life to do with as you can manage. Time can be a great healer and if you push a few doors some will open.

lucy216
26-09-16, 02:52
I know, I'm just upset because I feel as if I'm wasting the best years of my life dealing with this anxiety. I can barely leave the house or do anything. This started in late June, so I guess I am being rather hard on myself. I just want to be able to enjoy my life again... I feel like I'm ruining the foundation of my adult life with my panic (i know, i'm rather dramatic)....