PDA

View Full Version : A bit worried today

phil06
28-03-07, 11:33
I have been told I can start reducing my medication well the beta blockers to start with as I am better and they dont think I need to be on them now so I can slowly cutting back. Once I cut back on the beta blockers i will start reducing my medication for the manic depression as I've been on it a while now and I'm fine.

I am a bit worried that when I cut back there might be side effects or something or that I will go back to not wanting to go out the house.

About 6 months ago I increased the beta blockers as I was not going out the house and I cut back by 10mg and now I've to cut back another 10mg to what I was originally on when I first started to get anxiety...

Will i get side effects or will I just be worrying with my anxiety? :huh: I know this is good news that I don't need medication but I feel worried about it...I see my Therapist for the last time on Friday as she says thats me fine and I have learned alot about how to stop my anxiety...

groovygranny
28-03-07, 16:15
Hi phil06!

More often than not sometimes other people seem to have more confidence in us than we do ourselves. Now I can't comment on your meds because I don't have any knowledge or experience of them but it sounds as though your Therapist is encouraged enough with your progress to suggest you gradually come off them :).

I was a bit aprehensive when I came off Citalopram, (even though it was a nightmare getting used to them!) because I too was anxious about possible side-effects or whether I'd cope without them. I needn't have worried, things went quite smoothly and I haven't looked back. But everyone is different so I'd say just take the advice and try not think about the 'what if's' .

Stay positive and start believing in yourself - your Therapist does! And so do we!:)

Take care

phil06
29-03-07, 16:14
Hi thanks for the reply, been a day or so since I reduced the beta blockers and I seem fine so far...think i will stay what I am on for the moment. :)

groovygranny
30-03-07, 12:07
That's good to hear Phil, sounds as thought you've made the right decision:)

All the best to you :)