PDA

View Full Version : Is 3 liters of water in 4 hours too much???

Firewood
22-09-16, 05:09
Am I going to get water intoxaction??

Shazamataz
22-09-16, 05:40
I have no idea, sorry, but you're going to have a few trips to the bathroom!

Firewood
22-09-16, 05:50
I think it was more like 2 liters I only peed once and it's been 3 hours since I've drank anything

Nzxt27
22-09-16, 06:19
Your fine

hanshan
22-09-16, 06:45
I've known people to drink three times that in beer and survive (not recommended).

flipp
22-09-16, 07:01
Me too hanshan.:D. I drink about 2litres of water in this heat,it's the time spent on the throne that annoys me.

MyNameIsTerry
22-09-16, 07:04
I've known people to drink three times that in beer and survive (not recommended).

Isn't that average by Aussie standards? :winks:

flipp
22-09-16, 07:09
Yep I know some that drink a carton of XXXX 30 cans.It is shit beer.

MyNameIsTerry
22-09-16, 07:15
Yep I know some that drink a carton of XXXX 30 cans.It is shit beer.

There's always Fosters... but you have to ship it in from the UK nowadays don't you?

(Don't worry, we don't wee in it like they do with the Evian :D)

flipp
22-09-16, 07:23
Fosters is shit beer,but still a few in the pub I work at that drink it,out this way they drink VB drink enough of that and you end up chasing cars.:D.

Evain is naive is'nt ?.:D.

hanshan
22-09-16, 12:18
When I were a lad growing up last century in Newcastle, Australia, halfway between the breweries in Queensland and Victoria, we were raised on Toohey's Old, a black beer that definitely left a taste in your mouth. There were some that preferred Resch's Pilsener - why they were almost wine drinkers! But at some point, everyone I know converted over to drinking wine.

Those days are long gone. Now that I am in Japan, I hardly drink beer. However, my impression is that Japanese beer is not too bad - definitely better than American.

flipp
22-09-16, 23:41
Hanshan,my dear old dad used to drink tooheys old,and I remember Resch's in long neck bottles.These days there are too many designer beers around. I only have the occasional beer or a glass of good red wine.:D.

hanshan
23-09-16, 06:39
Ahh memories …

It’s a baking hot day in Australia in the 1960s - 40 degrees outside on the new scale, and over a hundred Fahrenheit. You can hear the Beatles and the Beach Boys on the transistor radio, in between the cricket and the horse-race results. You walk out of the baking heat into any pub in Newcastle, but it’s not much cooler inside. No air-conditioning in those days. Nevertheless, the bar-staff (in those days, a very strong woman) smiles at you and says : “What’ll it be, love?”

“Schooner of black, thanks”, you reply.

And before long, you have a large glass of beer. It’s ice-cold, just as you expected, and very refreshing.

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-16, 07:07
That sounds like proper Australia. None of the Home & Away stuff we get fed over here. (More Flying Doctors, if anyone remembers that? )

Never heard of VB.

I think I've seen a few Japanese ales in my local supermarkets. Sopporro rings a bell.

I thought you would be on the sake, hanshan?

You would both like it over here. We have tons of local brews and yearly festivals. Proper ale.

flipp
23-09-16, 08:03
Yep memories,out in the beer garden with mum,us kids drinking lemon squash,dad in the public bar putting bets on with the SP bookie drinking schooners,oh how life was simple back then.

Terry I was told the beer is warm over there?

hanshan
24-09-16, 05:11
Sake - rice wine - is a bit of an acquired taste. I suspect it's even a minority taste for Japanese. There's quite a selection of imported wines at reasonable prices, and beer drinkers (I'm not really one myself these days) tell me Japanese beer is quite okay.

The Japanese learned whisky-making from the Scots, and again I'm told that the best Japanese whisky is not too bad. The other drop here is shochu - something like vodka, but sold cut with water as the taste is pretty strong - again, an acquired taste, but I think more popular with Japanese than traditional sake. In the south of Japan, they drink it mixed with hot water in endless rounds out of little earthenware cups.

hanshan
24-09-16, 10:08
Actually, lest some may think I am as old as Methuselah, I wasn't legally able to drink alcohol in the 1960s, but I may have sneaked in (ahem!) underage in 1969. Kids, do as I say, not as I did! It's just that the baking heat, the transistor radio, sand all over you and zinc cream melting off your nose - just seems so 1960s.

MyNameIsTerry
26-09-16, 05:50
I can just see you now, hanshan, surf board under one arm with wavy hair and a crowd of bikini clad maidens swarming you!

I didn't know the Japanese made their own whisky. There seem to be so many things in their food/drink culture that are an acquired taste. Have you tried natto? Very good for vitamin K but also something of an acquired taste.

---------- Post added at 05:50 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

Terry I was told the beer is warm over there?

That just means you drink it quicker, Karina! :yesyes: