PDA

View Full Version : CBT on the bbc website

ailsajayne26
28-03-07, 14:23
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6500341.stm

I don't know if any of you will have seen this but I saw it this morning!

Basically they are soon to be offering NHS CBT Therapy on computers. The idea being that we will get help quicker rather than relying on meds whilst waiting for referrals!!

I'm half way through CBT having waited about two months..... I think it might have been helpful however I found telling a ''medical proffessional'' my symptoms alleviated part of my worries,

Was basically wondering what other people thought?

Ailsx

Jimbo
28-03-07, 14:40
Saw it on the news this morning on BBC breakfast.

Seems like a really good idea. I got given a web address from my GP which was for an Australian website, but I didn't get on with that cause it was so, well... Australian.

I'm glad the NHS has finally got it's self in gear and done something like this. I'm sure it will help a lot of people. I wish they'd been able to give me that when I first saw my GP. I'm now 8 months down the line and finally starting therapy next month.

Jim

Jimbo
28-03-07, 14:55
I totally agree Lolly, it's a shame.

But I guess this is at least a step in the right direction, I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but it might for some. Then there'll be more free appointments to see someone in person if we need to.

Jim

ailsajayne26
28-03-07, 15:06
I agree with you Jim.... I was diagnosed in August... referred in Northampton immediately... by the time I moved back to Cumbria in November I recieved a letter from Northants primary mental health care trust saying... no you aren't bad enough... if you get worse contact your GP!! But in cumbria after a small hiccup I started my CBT in Jan.... maybe tho if my GP in northants could have said... hey have a go at this... I might not have needed my appointments up here!

At least now they are raising awareness.... I mean I'd never heard of CBT, but I have a lot of friends who suffer from mild anxiety... maybe knowing they could do it would help prevent them from gettin worse or with it recurring or worse still ending up like me... lol!!