PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I can't breath 24/7

Shelly15
22-09-16, 11:32
I've been really stressed out lately and for the past 3 weeks I feel like I can't breath, my muscles feel so tence and I feel weak and dizzy like I'm just about to faint and walking off balance. I just feel like I can't get a full breath, I get a pain in the left side of my chest feels like adrenaline.

I went to the doctors last week she checked my lungs and my oxygen levels are 100% and she done a blood test for iron levels and thyroid which came back fine. She says it's anxiety which yeah it proberly is but I can't get it out of my head that there is something wrong with my heart.

I'm really struggling, I can't even leave my house because I feel like I can't breath and it makes me dizzy. I'm only 27 and I can't even get my child to and from school it makes me so anxious, I shake and can't walk and feel like I'm just about to lose control of my body. This is making me so worn out!

nomorepanic
22-09-16, 11:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Seffie
22-09-16, 23:39
Hi Shelly I have had this too and still do in anxious situations. Just sounds like chronic hyperventilation. Things that help me are breathing in through your nose for say 3 seconds then breathe out slowly through pursed lips for 5 seconds, the time doesn't really matter as long as you're breathing out for longer than breathing in. This forces your body to switch on the calming parasympathetic nervous system and helps to rebalance carbon dioxide levels. Also try the Buteyko method, they suggest small breath holds every 10 seconds as this helps to build carbon dioxide levels back up - your body needs carbon dioxide in order to release oxygen from blood cells, when there isn't enough co2 the red blood cells hang on to the oxygen which creates air hunger, breathing small and with your belly rather than upper chest, helps the co2 to build back up and the red blood cells can then release the oxygen.
Lots on the internet about chronic hyperventilation
Hope this helps, it's a really horrible symptom of anxiety.
Seffie x