PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I have a brain tumour

lb76696
22-09-16, 14:29
I've had a headache for 5 days now. It got progressively worse each day, leading up to yesterday when it was at its worse. At first paracetamol seemed to work on it, but then it didn't. It is a very dull headache but felt pounding yesterday afternoon. Today I have taken a day off work to see if that helps. It has quite a lot, it's calmed down but there is still a low grade dullness.Logically I'm trying to think that perhaps it's from the antibiotics I'm on, or the fact I had my pill free week last week. However, after stupidly googling brain tumour stories, I have just read some terrifying accounts of people who had a headache for this long that turned out to be a tumour. I'm getting extremely stressed and teary that mine might be a brain tumour now too. I tried to get a Doctors appointment today but couldn't. Has anyone had anything similar? I really don't suffer from headaches so this is so abnormal for me.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

To add as well, I was suffering from a blocked Eustachian tube in my ear a few weeks ago and I'm convinced that's a symptom too

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

And I have woke up with pulled muscles in my neck two days in a row

cinnamon12
22-09-16, 14:49
Hi there,
I know what it's like to worry about symptoms but googling really is the worst thing ever! I have done it so many times then not been able to sleep for days convinced I was dying of multiple things. In fact you said you're getting extremely stressed and teary so perhaps this could be exacerbating the pain, and prolonging it. Try to minimise your stress as much as possible and make sure you keep well hydrated, and get enough sleep (easier said than done!)
Sorry I can't be of more help! Try and get an appointment with your doctor again if you're really worried but don't stress and please don't google your symptoms!
Hope you feel better soon! :)