PDA

View Full Version : Still dry retching/heaving

cjemc
22-09-16, 16:29
I wonder if my retching which has been going on for 5 years and 2 months is a medical or a mental illness?
It can go for ages at a time and then it can come on quite badly and then last for a while and then go for ages again...
I also have a strong history of coeliac disease and allergies in my family, my eyes are red raw and I have the most awful dark circles under both eyes, I am not talking about bags I mean DARK CIRCLES with the right eye suffering the worst and the puffiness under both eyes is simply awful.
I bet I have silent coeliac disease causing this awful mental anguish and these most disturbing episodes of violent non-productive retching and heaving.

Mercime
22-09-16, 17:13
Have you been tested for coeliac disease? And are you still drinking alcohol?

Fishmanpa
22-09-16, 17:17
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160202

And just FYI... I'm going through an extremely stressful time right now and I'm finding among other common stress related symtoms, that I'm gagging and wretching in the mornings due to the stress. I don't drink so i can imagine it would be way worse if I did.

Positive thoughts

Mercime
22-09-16, 17:23
Yep - and thoughts are with you FPA x Silent coeliac does not include dry retching..you're still looking to attribute this to some random condition, while ignoring the elephant in the room. Did you ever get medically checked out?

cjemc
22-09-16, 17:33
Have you been tested for coeliac disease? And are you still drinking alcohol?

I have been tested for coeliac disease numerous times and nothing has come back to suggest I have anything wrong with me. However saying that I have horrendous pre orbital dark circles under my eyes and my eyes are red and puffy.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:32 ----------

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160202

And just FYI... I'm going through an extremely stressful time right now and I'm finding among other common stress related symtoms, that I'm gagging and wretching in the mornings due to the stress. I don't drink so i can imagine it would be way worse if I did.

Positive thoughts

Thinking of you FMP. I feel for you suffering from this retching and gagging. It's horrendous isn't it?

Fishmanpa
22-09-16, 17:48
Thinking of you FMP. I feel for you suffering from this retching and gagging. It's horrendous isn't it?

Yes, but I know what it's from and you do too Cal.... You have anxiety and self medicate with alcohol... have for years. THAT'S why you still wretch. The sooner you address the real problem, the sooner you'll start to heal.

Positive thoughts

cjemc
22-09-16, 17:59
Yes, but I know what it's from and you do too Cal.... You have anxiety and self medicate with alcohol... have for years. THAT'S why you still wretch. The sooner you address the real problem, the sooner you'll start to heal.

Positive thoughts

Thank you FMP. I cannot wait until I feel better like I used to. The brain is such a complex organ.

Mercime
23-09-16, 10:59
Thank you FMP. I cannot wait until I feel better like I used to. The brain is such a complex organ.

Hopefully you will take some action to stop it happening - what will that be?