PDA

View Full Version : Can you have Anxiety without knowing it?

Magatame
22-09-16, 16:40
I'm 25/M/UK and for the past two months I've had:

extreme fatigue (usually after eating)
dry eyes (eye drops don't help much)
dizzyness
Wierd feeling of not being able to focus
Anxious stomach quite often (usually after eating)
Tense stomach
Churny after I eat
Hunger straight after eating
Shakes and Heart Palp after eating high carb meals
Higher than usual heart rate (used to be 60ish all the time (when not exercising) now it's 90+)
Tightness in chest
Shortness of breath
feel week in general (due to fatigue I assume)
Crazy mood swings, one minute I'm optimistic next I feel deeply depressed.
Spaced out (like I'm not there, almost like when you're drunk and zoning out)
having trouble remembering things

I also have been dizzy on and off for a week or two for the past year, doctor assumed it was BPPV.
The fatigue frustrates me more than anything, I feel useless and constantly spaced out.

I've had loads of blood tests done and they've all came back normal, which leads me here. Is it possible I have anxiety without knowing it? I have a fairly stressful job where I do get stressed some days but once I walk away from my desk the anxious feeling goes away.

My doctors I think are struggling to figure it out, they've put me on Citalopram 10mg today to see if that helps relax my system, I think the next step is a camera down into my stomach (was hoping they'd refer me for that today)

p.s. First post, nice to meet you all. :)

DivineAngle
28-09-16, 02:03
Hi Magatame

Some of those symptoms can very well be anxiety. I personally experience a majority of the ones you listed too.

How is the Citalopram working out?

Best
Divine

Magatame
28-09-16, 20:54
It's only been a few days though I've been waking up these morning with a crazy adrenaline rush, queezy stomach and heart palpitations.. I'm guessing it's a temporary side effect of the tablets :(

Ryanr1987
28-09-16, 21:50
Edit - sorry wrong thread. Was meant to make a thread silly me!

DivineAngle
29-09-16, 03:44
It's only been a few days though I've been waking up these morning with a crazy adrenaline rush, queezy stomach and heart palpitations.. I'm guessing it's a temporary side effect of the tablets :(

Hi Magatame

Sorry to hear of the side effects. Hope all is well shortly and that the medication responds appropriately in due time. It's no fun dealing with what we have. How often do you get the skipped beats/palpitations?

Divine

Magatame
30-09-16, 22:20
Hi Magatame

Sorry to hear of the side effects. Hope all is well shortly and that the medication responds appropriately in due time. It's no fun dealing with what we have. How often do you get the skipped beats/palpitations?

Divine

Usually after eating, seems pretty random though. Hopefully the meds help kick them all in the butt lol