PDA

View Full Version : Help stomach so uncomfy and heartburn feeling 😪

jaynehal
22-09-16, 17:35
Hi not been on here for a while but feel my anxiety is definitely back 😪

Started with a funny feeling top of my stomach in-between my ribs as if foods stuck in my stomach and heartburn feeling on 1st Sept and had this most days since then.

Been back to my docs and she's prescribed lansoprazole which Im not sure is doing anything??

Also prescribed anti sick tablets as I feel quite naseous!

Somedays like yesterday and the day before it was hardly noticible 😪

Belchinh quite a lot too

Now she's arranging an endoscopy and I'm worried

Anyone else get these symptoms or had an endoscopy??

Thankyou

fizzymoon86
02-10-16, 20:29
I have been having heartburn symptoms for a number of years, likely linked to anxiety and I am taking omeprazole to control it (7 years now I think) and I have had an endoscopy as well.

The endoscopy experience was fine (I wasn't sedated but if you're highly anxious about it then it might be worth it) and was told everything was normal. They are looking for inflammation, or even a hiatal hernia which could be the cause of the heartburn feeling. The more you panic the more you will produce stomach acid, so as hard as it is, and I know how hard it is to do, you need to try and remain calm throughout. I get acid reflux even now when I'm worked up or have a meal that's too big. Drink plenty of water and keel your diet nice and simple to give your stomach an easy ride right now.

I hope this helps and hope your endoscopy goes okay! :)