PDA

View Full Version : My living hell. Anxiety about testicle cancer.

panicBill
23-09-16, 02:25
Not sure how to start this so I will just go with it. My health Anxiety started last year. Around 12 months ago I found a small cyst on my left testicle. I worried so much I had chest pains. It got so bad I had to call 999 for a ambulance. They told me it was just anxiety. I went to the doctors about my cyst and he felt it and he told me nothing was wrong. He is a experienced urologist. Thankfully since then nothing has happened with the small cyst. Fast forward to last month. I read looking at testicles for cancer you need to test for "firmness" not just lumps. I panicked and I lightly squeezed my testicles for firmness. I did this for around 4 hours constant one night and I still feel many times a day. I went to a out of hours doctor and he felt my trsticles and he said that "they feel fine" I was so happy i cried. However within hours my Anxiety came back. Two weeks later I went back to my doctor and he felt down there. He told me he practiced in urology for years. He felt down there and again told me they feel perfectly normal. Whenever I feel down there I feel hardness. They seem to be very firm but get more jelly like more I squeeze down on them. Why can I not get it into my head that TWO doctors told me I am fine? I recently found a lump on my epididmis but know that is nothing to worry about. Inflamed epididmis with lumps is not cancer. I know this and I am fine with it. Next I read to much online. My lower back pain I have had for at least 6 years is bugging me. It only hurts when I curve my back in and it's not bad pain. I get pain in my sides by my kidneys when I turn but that seems to go when I do some back excorsises. Now I check my poop. It always looks light brown to orange. As well as getting stabbing pains all over. All because of this stupid worry. I think about when I will die and what my stunning gf will be like when I go. Things are so bad now due to anxiety. Scared to death of...death. Sorry for the rant but I have kept this on for weeks. Please could I ask some questions. 1-is it possible feeling, squeezing and putting pressure on the testicle cause it to harden? 2-Could IBS or anxiety cause light brown or orange poop? I am so sorry for this long post. I had to let it out.

heyitsmeyou
23-09-16, 10:47
Know that in your severe anxious state, everything you do/feel/see will be exaggerated. I'm sure that constant proding and squeezing will make them slightly swollen and firm. IBS can and certianaly cause changes in bowel movement such are lighter browns and oranges. Anxiety itself will cause all sorts of strange symptoms regarding digestion and bowel movements.

You've been given the ok by two doctors. One whome specialized in this particular area of study. You're fine. Also - should it actually be testicular cancer, it's one of the most treatable, curable cancers out there.