PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my heart results is quickly driving me insane

Raerae91
23-09-16, 03:25
Hi everyone I've had to do a 24 heart monitor and I returned it Monday its Thursday and have not had a reply. Went to get a echocardiogram Tuesday and I'm stressing big time waiting for them to call. Has anyone had this done? How long did you have to wait? I heard someone waited 3 weeks and I would fully lose my mind by then. I just think it's a bit ridiculous it's your HEART you would think the reasonable thing to do is hurry asap with the results not even risk leaving it off.

Mercime
23-09-16, 06:15
Hi. I can understand how scared the waiting makes you feel. But the thing is, the heart is just another body part, a muscle. Sure, if there was a problem, a serious one, it could be life threatening but if that hasnt shown in your results. If it had, you would have had an immediate call back. If you have ok results, they see no need to hurry to tell you, and you just go in the waiting pile.

Try and be reassured that if anything serious had been found, you wouldn't be waiting two weeks xx

Raerae91
29-09-16, 01:12
Thanks Mercime for the reply. Really made me feel better.

Well it's been over a week and no results from the heart monitor or echo so I'm just going to assume it's a "no news is good news" situation.