PDA

View Full Version : Tetanus

Ultimatejourney
23-09-16, 04:30
Went dumpster diving today. Dumpster was full of wood, glass, nails, and cigarette dust. Dumpster was rusty but everything else was clean except for the cigar stuff. I ended up cutting myself on something; probably glass from the looks of the wound. It bled but it seems clean. I've washed it with hand soap and water several times, wiped it with an alcohol wipe, applied neosporin, and covered it with bandaids. I'm scared I have tetanus from it now, because that means either I might face a miserable and horrible death or experience or I have to get a shot that I might be allergic to. The last time I got a shot was about 7 to 9 years ago and I had I guess what is considered a serve reaction because it swelled in places other than the injection site (my finger and later my lip.) Benadryl treated it but I fear that a repeat episode would land me in the hospital or worse.
Please comfort me.

misslove
23-09-16, 04:53
Call your dr and get a booster. They'll probably just tell you to take Benadryl after the shot

paranoid-viking
23-09-16, 10:23
Now, the chances of contracting tetanus in developed countries are close to sub-zero. Considering alll the hobos living in the US; they are certainly at greater risk than you of contracting it; but have you heard of that happen?
Still, if you worry, I think it is best for you to go to the doctor and get a shot so that you can relax.