PDA

View Full Version : Sore lower abdomen - so tired of this!!

BrokenGirl
23-09-16, 12:21
This is driving me mad. Nearly every day there is something new, but each one of them completely takes a hold of me, terrifies me and i can't shake the feeling off.
Today I've noticed that if I press in on my lower abdomen ( close to my belt line ) just off centre to the right hand side, it hurts. Something is sore there. I can notice it sometimes when I don't touch it ( although I don't know if that is just my mind telling me there's pain there). I think I've had this for a week or two anyway, but it was really sore today when I pressed it. And of course i don't remember banging or hurting it.
Can anyone shed any light on this?? I'm withered from worrying, just want my life back. Does it sound like something could be wrong there?

axolotl
23-09-16, 13:51
Obviously only a doctor can diagnose you, but I've recently been through abdominal pain panic - really real, and disturbing symptoms for over a week that (surprise surprise) went off once I got an all clear from the doctor (that it was in all likelihood stress or IBS) and stopped worrying. Also if you're constantly prodding, poking and examining you will get a sore patch there!

There's lots of very common, benign and harmless things that can cause abdominal pain, and if it persists it's worth going to the doctor, not because it's likely to be anything rare and nasty, but because they can put your mind at rest, and advise if it's something that needs antibiotics or whatever.

skymaid
23-09-16, 14:26
hi broken girl. I read your post and thought I could have been written by me. That's the current symptom that's getting me. It hasn't done anything yet so i'm gonna put it down to IBS/stress.

When you're anxious your muscles are all tense too so its probably also a bit of soreness because its like doing mini sit-ups/crunches

BrokenGirl
23-09-16, 16:06
Thanks for the replies!!
I'm really hoping it is just a muscle, but it just scares me that one particular spot is sore. If I could remember hurting it then I wouldn't even have written this post.
Is it possible to hurt muscles without knowingly banging them?

At least I haven't googled (yet) and if I can get through this one without googling then that will be an achievement for me :yesyes: