PDA

View Full Version : Really scared I've got a Brain Tumor or mets

Ryanr1987
23-09-16, 12:29
Hey all,

I'm new here I've been meaning to sign up for a while but tohught I would now because I'm going through a really tough time.

Basically I feel I've got a brain tumor or mets to the brain.

I've been getting head pains on and off on my left side of my head. I've been getting a metallic taste in my mouth and I've been having phantom smells - chemical smells that only I can smell. The metallic taste doesn't seem to go away. It seems my smell has decrease a bit it seems weak, like when I breath in through my nose I only pick things up subtlety. The pains are not constant headaches they seem to just come and go.

The other day I was playing with my little nephew, play fighting and when I stood up I felt very dizzy and my head hurt, had that head pressure sensation with dizziness. I've got no infections or anything, no sinus infection symptoms. I've also had a cough that I've had for about 2 weeks. I'm male, 29 years old and absolutely terrified! this is ruining my life and I'm becoming deeply lost in all of this.

I've always had anxiety about having cancer. This year I've had Melanoma, kidney, prostate cancer scares. This time I really feel my symptoms match up with a temporal Lobe tumor. I'm finally getting my health anxiety sorted but I'm afraid I've only got a short time left on this earth I'm deeply lost.

Jobes
23-09-16, 16:28
I have had the metal taste in my mouth before it is a common anxiety symptom. My symptoms seem to come and go or change I went to my doctor they checked me out they said to see a Psychiatrist. I went in for a routine eye exam and did a retinal scan as well and everything checked out ok. You are working yourself up about something you don't have I do the same thing. I convince myself I have MS\ALS or cancer frequently even though I don't I saw a TV show where someone had it then I started to freak out because I had some of the symptoms of the person on the show, pretty stupid I know. You are more then likely just stressed out and anxious because you are Imagining you have cancer.

Ryanr1987
24-09-16, 09:15
It's a tough one. The taste seems to vary from quite a bit to subtle it's strange. I feel it doesn't completely go away. It's so hard to describe. I do also have decreased smell but I don't have any sinus symptoms like congestion.