PDA

View Full Version : My left heel is in a lot of pain... can't walk on it.

js1803
23-09-16, 13:52
So yesterday, I started to notice my left heel hurt to the point where I could barely walk on it. Now this morning, I can't walk on it. I have to walk on my toes on my left foot.

There's no bruising, and I don't see any swelling.

It does hurt tho. I started to take this medication called Pristiq 25mg per day for the past 8 days..

It's just odd this started to happen. Never had something like this before.

I do use the stairs a lot. Anyone had this before?

misslove
23-09-16, 13:57
Maybe a tiny splinter you can't see. Clean your foot off and look with a good light. I'm betting you stepped on a peice of glass or wood that is stuck in there

js1803
23-09-16, 14:13
I can't see anything. The whole base of my heel hurts, and when I rub it, it hurts the most towards middle of the foot at the endge of the heel.. really hurts =/

misslove
24-09-16, 04:34
Could be a muscle, the shoes you are wearing. I stretch I like to do is to stand on a bottom step or stool and let half your feel hang off. So that only the balls of your feet are on the step then slow Lower the heels. It's a great calf stretch. Just go slow and gold something so you don't hurt yourself

lurchergirl
25-09-16, 10:23
Hello, i suffer from a thing called policemans heel, it hurts like heck and takes a long time to heal but mine is getting better after around 6 months, could be this that is causing your pain? i try to just carry on as normal, its sore though. All the best

sidiam
25-09-16, 11:56
Hi js,
Maybe it is a heel spur caused by "plantar fasciitis". Very painful, check with your doctor or a podologist.
take care
Sxx

Lucinda07
25-09-16, 17:25
Sounds like plantar fascitis.
It can be relieved by wearing supportive footware (eg lace-ups) with a small heel. There are stretching exercises, & injections for severe cases - recommend seeing your GP.