PDA

View Full Version : Do U Ever Think You've Got Something Worse Than G.a?

samtheman
28-03-07, 17:34
Its always something I think about, and the more methods that fail the more it makes me think perhaps I've not got anxiety. I'm not talking about having cancer or something like that, I'm talking about something mental like schophrenia or something. You name it i've tried it, Meds (Which I will not go back to) various counsilors, Clarie Weekes, Linden Method,, the list goes on. This sparked off when I was 1st year, I must of been about 11-12, I'm 26 now.

mazzywoo
29-03-07, 07:42
Hi Samtheman. Yep-I have this worry too! For me, it's worse in the night when I wake up all panicky. I was once told by a very good psychiatrist that if you THINK you're going mad, you aren't! Anxiety causes lots of strange thoughts and your fear looks like it's caused by worrying a lot. I can think logically about my own fears during the day ( like, if I was 'losing it' I wouldn't be able to work, I would have a whole different set of symptoms etc etc). My ex husband had a psychotic illness (a bit like scizophrenia) and seeing the way it affected him made me realise that my illness was purely general anxiety. I have been in hospital with anxiety/depression and seen lots of people with 'major' psychoses-it's very different from anxiety believe me!. I hope that you can get some relief-I will be thinking of you-good luck and best wishes. xxxxx