PDA

View Full Version : health anxiety

dale12345
23-09-16, 17:59
Threw up last night and there was a little bit of blood go in at three, dont think thus us health anxiety.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

I am very scared.

---------- Post added at 16:59 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

I know everybody thinks this is just in my head but this this more blood inst good

brucealmighty
23-09-16, 18:15
your doctor may refer you for tests if you`re vomiting blood, that doesn`t sound good at all
hope everything is ok and let us know how you get on

dale12345
23-09-16, 18:18
Yeah I know I am going to die

brucealmighty
23-09-16, 18:23
absolutely. we are all going to die at some point but constantly posting the same things, bumping them, pm`ing people until they are dreading seeing `new private message` appearing - none of it is helping you is it?

anyway, before I get angry or offensive which will help no one I`ll leave you to your thoughts. yes you will die, no it won`t be tonight.

Fishmanpa
23-09-16, 18:25
Yeah I know I am going to die

That's highly doubtful but perhaps instead of posting on an internet forum waiting for answers and reassurance you should just go to the doctor or an urgent care and get checked out.

Positive thoughts

dale12345
23-09-16, 18:27
I am very sorry to have irritated you in anyway just scared, I will not pm you again I promise.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

I am going in at 3 today, again sorry just scared.

Fishmanpa
23-09-16, 18:34
I am very sorry to have irritated you in anyway just scared, I will not pm you again I promise.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 ----------

I am going in at 3 today, again sorry just scared.

You've not irritated me in the least. It's just that if you're that scared, go to the doctor.... No one here can really tell you what's up. A little bit of blood (especially red) indicates you irritated something or burst a small blood vessel when you puked. A little bit of blood doesn't mean you're going to die either. It's not like you're puking a bottle of port wine blood or nasty black blood is it? A "little bit" of blood to me means just that...

You'll go to the doctor in 90 minutes and I'm quite sure all will be well and I'll get to say "Told ya so".

Positive thoughts

dale12345
23-09-16, 19:21
That's highly doubtful but perhaps instead of posting on an internet forum waiting for answers and reassurance you should just go to the doctor or an urgent care and get checked out.

Positive thoughts

I have made appt for 3 today, just scared I am sorry again not trying to be a pain in the ass.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:36 ----------

You've not irritated me in the least. It's just that if you're that scared, go to the doctor.... No one here can really tell you what's up. A little bit of blood (especially red) indicates you irritated something or burst a small blood vessel when you puked. A little bit of blood doesn't mean you're going to die either. It's not like you're puking a bottle of port wine blood or nasty black blood is it? A "little bit" of blood to me means just that...

You'll go to the doctor in 90 minutes and I'm quite sure all will be well and I'll get to say "Told ya so".

Positive thoughts

You are an amazing man fisherman to even try to help me. With all your going threw seriously thank you!!!!! you are in my prayers.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Thanks to all of you who have supported me I really appreciate it.

ServerError
23-09-16, 19:57
A bit blood in the vomit is not necessarily a sign of anything scary, let alone impending death. We can bleed on the outside without it being anything serious, and the same goes for internally too.

It's the right thing to do to see a doctor, but I suspect anxiety is playing some part here. Anxiety can easily upset the stomach and the digestive tract.

dale12345
23-09-16, 20:03
A bit blood in the vomit is not necessarily a sign of anything scary, let alone impending death. We can bleed on the outside without it being anything serious, and the same goes for internally too.

It's the right thing to do to see a doctor, but I suspect anxiety is playing some part here. Anxiety can easily upset the stomach and the digestive tract.

Thanks just scared, thank you so much.

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:01 ----------

its just a scary thing I have had so many stoamch problems, and I feel so weak. I know you guys are not drs just venting sorry

Fishmanpa
23-09-16, 20:19
Keep in mind that while the forum is great in knowing you're not alone and it can be cathartic to write out your feelings and fears, it can also be a double edged sword in that it places you in a situation where you're sitting on here focusing on your problems and fears when it would be more beneficial to find something to distract yourself.

Let us know what the doctor said.

Positive thoughts

ServerError
23-09-16, 20:19
In the last week or so, you've talked to me about a wide range of different symptoms. Whatever is causing the blood, it's clear you do suffer from severe anxiety. I think you know this.

I just wonder how you'd feel if you lost your fear of it all? The fear stems from our fight-or-flight response, but it causes us to overreact to things and to become hypersensitive to how we feel. I began to climb out of my anxiety hole when I stopped being scared of it all. This didn't make it go away overnight, but it did mean that the symptoms lost their edge and their hold over me.

Combined with therapy and medication (if you choose it), I think we all have to learn not to be scared of what are harmless anxiety symptoms if we want recovery to begin. It isn't easy, and it took me time to master this attitude (I even had a wobble this month), but it can be very helpful. If you don't fear your nausea or your dizziness, they start to become background irritations rather than being the boss of you.

pulisa
23-09-16, 20:51
Very wise words, SE. Fear of harmless symptoms is your greatest enemy, Beth

MyNameIsTerry
23-09-16, 21:54
Beth,

Let's remember that you know you have an inflammation of the throat. Remember me telling you about my big brother's swollen nodule, which was harmless? He was coughing up blood. There is the possibility this is a factor and you are swallowing some from that first or even that the vomiting is irritating it and causing a little bit of bleeding due to the stomach acid.

And even vomiting blood due to something like an ulcer is treatable. I worked with a guy who didn't follow advice on his diet and would irritate his ulcer frequently. He's still around nearly 20 years later.

So, it doesn't have to be what you fear. You have been unwell and your doctor has assessed this. You have an inflammation which your doctor has also assessed and decided is nothing. You are going to your doctor anyway to talk about whether antibiotics are needed so tell him about this and he will decide what to do. You may have some tests, possibly because he wants to be sure even if he says he believes it is nothing.

So, try to use the CBT you are learning off your therapist. Try to use techniques to calm you down. And if you meant Paxil in your other thread, ensure this doctor is aware of that as he may want to be careful adding that if you are having tests due to this blood.

Hang in there.

dale12345
23-09-16, 23:37
You guys were all right just an irritation of the esophagus, took blood wasnt to concerned because I had an MRI with dye and everything looked fine like 5 months ago, took blood to make sure that my hemoglobin was ok. But once again he looked at me and said he is as sure as he can be that I dont have cancer. I know I need to get over this I am trying really hard. Thank you for all who have been patient and put up with me.

---------- Post added at 22:37 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

I am doing therapy I will keep trying, not going to post as much, and get out of my head. You guys are great.

dale12345
24-09-16, 03:52
Beth,

Let's remember that you know you have an inflammation of the throat. Remember me telling you about my big brother's swollen nodule, which was harmless? He was coughing up blood. There is the possibility this is a factor and you are swallowing some from that first or even that the vomiting is irritating it and causing a little bit of bleeding due to the stomach acid.

And even vomiting blood due to something like an ulcer is treatable. I worked with a guy who didn't follow advice on his diet and would irritate his ulcer frequently. He's still around nearly 20 years later.

So, it doesn't have to be what you fear. You have been unwell and your doctor has assessed this. You have an inflammation which your doctor has also assessed and decided is nothing. You are going to your doctor anyway to talk about whether antibiotics are needed so tell him about this and he will decide what to do. You may have some tests, possibly because he wants to be sure even if he says he believes it is nothing.

So, try to use the CBT you are learning off your therapist. Try to use techniques to calm you down. And if you meant Paxil in your other thread, ensure this doctor is aware of that as he may want to be careful adding that if you are having tests due to this blood.

Hang in there.

It was Paxil, I will ask my pych about it, they said at the pharmacy it can cause stomach issues. I have enough of those. Thanks

MyNameIsTerry
26-09-16, 05:56
Glad to hear it went ok, Beth.

The thing is, vomiting blood is classed as a medical emergency and the advice is to seek emergency medical help. However, there is a world of difference between a little bit and a lot. My mate years ago with his ulcer would be vomiting lots of it but he knew why it was happening and didn't seek any help. You waited and saw your doctor but you could have chosen to call an emergency number or headed to an ER - perhaps that indicates that on some level you knew it was less of an emergency?

And this is why it's important to seek the advice of someone who is trained. It's like the "blood in your poo" issue which our NHS says you must always see a GP about. Well, I've had it many times but I know I suffer from roids so why would I waste a GP's time with that? So much of the advice is a disclaimer because people who truly need help may not seek it because they don't worry about their health like HA sufferers do.

All SSRI/SNRI's and many other antidepressants are well known to cause issues like nausea. You might not have any of that, it's just a common side effect. I only raised it because it needs your doctor's all clear on taking them because you mentioned this vomiting blood issue and because of the IBS like issues you've been having. But I wouldn't write them off on that basis if you doctor is happy you are physically able to take them.

dale12345
27-09-16, 02:10
The dr said it was fine for me to take it because it was one time issue and my blood work was ok, took it this morning no nausea at all. Amazing. Yeah my ex husband was a pretty bad alcoholic and pill popper he ended up having to have a blood transfusion once he bleed so bad. I freaked about it when I threw up a little, but I didnt call 911 or run to the ER because some where in my rational mind I know I was going to be ok. Its just not easy for me to always use the rational side of my brain at times.

MyNameIsTerry
27-09-16, 06:12
Exactly, Beth, you were fighting for control and whilst it created anxiety & panic you still remained rational enough to pursue a low priority action. Some people would be running for the emergency route.

That's a win. It's something to build on.

Imagine if, NO, when you reach a place when you can be triggered with less intense symptoms and more consciously accept and tell it to bugger off and get on with your day?

It's early days right now, it's all time & effort but you can get to that place.

I'm glad to hear you have pushed on with the med. I don't say that because I think you need meds, I mean that many of us struggle taking that leap and given how you felt about how it could make you nauseous on top of your current symptoms, you looked likely to spend time thinking about building up the courage. Well done! :yesyes::yahoo:

dale12345
27-09-16, 18:48
Exactly, Beth, you were fighting for control and whilst it created anxiety & panic you still remained rational enough to pursue a low priority action. Some people would be running for the emergency route.

That's a win. It's something to build on.

Imagine if, NO, when you reach a place when you can be triggered with less intense symptoms and more consciously accept and tell it to bugger off and get on with your day?

It's early days right now, it's all time & effort but you can get to that place.

I'm glad to hear you have pushed on with the med. I don't say that because I think you need meds, I mean that many of us struggle taking that leap and given how you felt about how it could make you nauseous on top of your current symptoms, you looked likely to spend time thinking about building up the courage. Well done! :yesyes::yahoo:
Thank You, It really hasnt upset my stomach, and I really want to feel better. They sat it is one of the best for OCD so I am just keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks Beth