PDA

View Full Version : gettin worse not better

Darren76
28-03-07, 19:21
its been the worst few weeks for me since i first started having PA's and health anxiety.
in terms of physical stuff, ive been told im very slightly emphysemic, have H-pylori and need grommets reinserting
seem to be ok when im at work, but the moment i get home, anxiety washes over me and very twinge, ache pain and throb gets overanalysed to the point im necking diazepam just to keep myself level.
have a pain in the lower left back at the mo, comes and goes and isnt TOO painful but is enough to convince me i have some kind of kidney pain.
really strugglin to cope with it all at the moment and need to get myself sorted to some extent as im off on my hols next week and dont want to spend the whole trip freaking out.
docs have recommended i go back onto citalopram but really didnt want to do that unless i really had to.
just cant seem to get relaxed and in a chilled place unless im at work, or with my girlfriend and even then, im like at this level of anxiety that could bubbel over at any moment
anyone else struggle with relapses as mine seems to have gone on forever and not calmed down again

:(

Florida Gator
28-03-07, 20:02
Hi,

I can relate to how you are feeling. For several months thought I had "beaten" ha and it showed up again a couple of months ago. I do the same thing, I analyze each and every ache, pain, blemish, you name it. It just drives the anxiety and starts the cycle.

I have re-read one of Claire Weekes books and it has helped tremendously. I would certainly suggest you do the same.

My ha seems worse at home and in the evening for some reason. Probably less busy than at the office so I focus on it more.

I also know about the holiday bit. I am getting married in April and then going to Italy for 2 weeks on my honeymoon. I worry that ha may show it's ugly face while I am suppossed to be having fun with my new bride.

But the more we worry about it the greater the likelyhood we will have some issues.

Is citalopram the same as lexapro? If so I was on lexapro and wasn't a big fan. I weened myself off due to the side effects. I take a xanax from time to time when needed. However, CBT and Ms. Weekes are the best things going in my book.

Try not to focus on the horrible symptoms and calmly tell yourself it is the ha and nothing else.

Take care,

Chris

Danuella
28-03-07, 23:15
Tell me about it,my HA is always worse when i am on my own,every little thing gets analyized,it does my head in as its such a vicious circle.
I try to distract myself.
Hugs
xx