PDA

View Full Version : Working with anxiety

chrismex89
23-09-16, 19:42
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has had problems at work due to anxiety ?. If your boss or co-workers know of your condition,what is your job?, how many days you work and how many hours a day you work?, how many days a week ?, greetings from Mexico.

PunkyFish
24-09-16, 14:19
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has had problems at work due to anxiety ?. If your boss or co-workers know of your condition,what is your job?, how many days you work and how many hours a day you work?, how many days a week ?, greetings from Mexico.

Hi :)

I've been diagnosed with anxiety. I currently work full time in an office job doing 9-5 and I work five days a week with the weekends off. I'm off work at the moment and have been for the past few weeks due to my anxiety and low mood, although I'm due to go back on Tuesday. Prior to me taking the time off, my boss or co-workers didn't know about my anxiety. However now they do and so far they have been supportive. My anxiety has impacted my work slightly over the years, however a few months ago my anxiety became really bad where I would be worrying all day in work and then worrying about work when ever I was at home. The stress of it got to much for me so I decided to take some time off away from the job to try to sort it out. I believe that anxiety can impact your life and job but there are coping mechanisms and medications that can help with it. I think having a job which you enjoy and are able to cope in can also help with anxiety. Having an understanding boss and co-workers also takes the pressure off.

All the best.

positivegirly
25-09-16, 01:30
Hi,
I just started a new job-it sent my anxiety through the roof and I didn't expect it too as i have worked in the hospital for nine months but changed departments. I was working part time 30hrs per week on two different wards, then a full time position came up and I got it but it's completely different to what I was doing previously and I'm finding it really hard to pick up. I haven't enjoyed the past two weeks iv been there but I think that's just because it's new and I can't do everything on my own yet without having to ask or check with someone.

I previously worked in my old retail job for 10years and I loved it, the job, the people, I even met my soon to be hubby there! unfortunately they cut my hours to half of what I had as they were getting rid of full timers and taking on more part time staff so I had to leave, I couldn't afford to stay there as much as I loved it. So that was awful, I had to say goodbye to everyone i loved and a job I knew so well, I had to start all over again and I am still not settled. Iv had 3 jobs since I left my retail one-and I even went back to the retail job for 6months part time as one of those jobs didn't work out. I don't feel like I belong in this new job, I feel a bit like I'm in limbo, I have moved on but I'm not sure I'm where I want to be yet.

Iv had anxiety since I was 15, I'm now 31 and I still struggle everyday with an over worried mind. If I'm not worrying about work il be worrying about something else! My old managers knew about my anxiety and they were ok, I had a few wobbly times there and they were ok. I haven't told my new managers as I didn't want them to know, iv found I can hide it pretty well at work, it's when I come home my anxiety can get the better of me.

I hope your ok, I wish you all the best :-)

dale12345
25-09-16, 02:53
My OCD and my anxiety have made it hard for me at jobs I guess I hide it well from the "outside world" but it can make everyday thing quite hard.

georgewing
25-09-16, 11:36
Hy i cant tell you exactly because i work from many hours and i suffer a lot from anxiety ,and yea almost all people have problems with anxiety at work .I have some bad days and also good days but i observe over time my anxiety reduced a little .I just focus on pozitive things in my life

chrismex89
26-09-16, 01:50
Apparently the work and job stress is good for us as we keep our mind on tangible problems. One of my irrational fears has been unable to work or fulfill occupationally, so far has not gone temporary discomfort. It is always good to keep discrecion the beginning of our anxiety until we see how flexible are our boss and our coworkers.