PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and new relationship

shotokansho
23-09-16, 21:06
Hey all.

I've been single for 10 years or more apart from the occasional fling. I've not felt anything for anyone all this time and decided that I was going to be single forever. A few weeks ago I went to benidorm with a big bunch of friends. I ended up with one of the guys, we've been friends 10 years.
It was completely bizarre. He kissed me half way through the holiday and it's like a light switched on. I felt it immediately and knew it was right. It felt so perfect and natural. We've been together ever since that moment. But there is a problem, I don't let him see me naked or touch my scars. They are hideous and I don't understand why he wants to be with me. We've been friends 10 years so he does know about my self harm history but I still can't bear him to see my body.
We've only been together a few weeks but I have never felt like this before and im already worried about losing him over my MH. He's told me that he wants to be with me and all that is just detail, but what if he asks me to promise never to self harm again?
He's such an amazing guy and makes me laugh, hes brilliant with my sons too. I just don't know what I'm meant to do with all these new emotions. I mean how are you actually meant to have a relationship without ruining it?

Oosh
24-09-16, 16:13
Maybe he likes and accepts you scars and all ? Maybe accept and like yourself scars and all ? I've seen sh scarring and I'm not bothered by it.

Find a way to cope with how you feel about this and once you've navigated past it you can feel like you're growing, getting stronger and moving past a lot of your issues.

How do you think you can get past this ? Sounds like you like him so it's certainly worth finding a way through this.

"but what if he asks me to promise never to self harm again?"

Sounds like a bloke who would be ready to listen to conversations like that. Talk these things through with him. It's the quickest way to resolving them and feeling even closer and more accepted by him.

georgewing
25-09-16, 11:48
Well in life you must risk a little ,the bigest risk in life its to never risk .If you stay in your confort zone the years will pass and you will be alone al your life .Give this a try and maybe you will suffer again but at least you was courageos and you learn new things and you confron your fear

shotokansho
26-09-16, 19:25
Thanks for your replies. I made a little progress last night. He touched my arms, I allowed him to. At first it made me cringe and tense up but he was so gentle and sensual that I got past it. I was quite proud of myself.
I'm trying really hard. I get a bit paranoid if he doesn't answer my texts straight away, wondering why and thinking the worse. Plus I get a bit sulky if I don't see him for a night or two. Im trying to get past this because I know deep down he wants to be with me.

SLA
26-09-16, 19:38
Good to hear.

It will be awkward, but keep remembering that this guy really wants the best for you.

Ultimately, you need to take it steady, and try to relax.

If he wants to be with you, it doesn't matter if he answers your text messages in 1 minutes, or in 1000. His feelings for you don't directly correlate to the response time. :D

Be yourself, all of the time. Thats who he wants to be with, and thats who it is easiest for you to be.