PDA

View Full Version : Struggling with the discomfort of anxiety

pb90
24-09-16, 00:42
I have just started to understand and truly believe that

"Symptoms of anxiety and panic are uncomfortable but not dangerous"

I have gained enough power over the fear of panic attacks and i now welcome them whenever i feel anxious so they don have the same power and control over me. This technique has seemed to help a lot in preventing a full blown panic attack

I would like to know how to do people here deal with the general discomfort of the symptoms of anxiety?

I find i have a lot of standing anxiety symptoms even when im relaxed at home and no particular thing seems to trigger it.

General tightness in chest, fatigue, jelly legs,haziness, difficulty eating and concentrating.

Any advice to make things more comfortable is welcome.

georgewing
25-09-16, 12:26
In general anxiety its start from mind problems like problems in childhood powerful trauma ,unhapiness powerful stress etc .You must put oposite things in your mind and heart like hapiness ,calm joy gratitude love etc .It will not have imediate effects but if you are consistent every day they will tak control over negative ones

Cherryade
25-09-16, 18:17
General tightness in chest, fatigue, jelly legs,haziness, difficulty eating and concentrating.

Any advice to make things more comfortable is welcome.

I have been trying to deal with those problems for the last few years. It has only been since I started medication a few weeks ago that they have improved. I even find I can breathe easier as well as being much more relaxed. In the past I have tried most forms of alternative treatment all to no avail. For me, medication seems to be the way ahead.

skymaid
25-09-16, 19:43
those symptoms did fade a bit for me when I was able to lead a more relaxing lifestyle. unfortunately they came right back the minute I started to ramp things up to speed again. theres my answer anyway

dale12345
25-09-16, 22:49
I get those to, my dr keeps telling me they are from anxiety.

Sincerelyali
26-09-16, 20:24
I have the same problem.. Except I feel like I can not relax. Even at home.. In bed, in a bath, watching a movie.. Nothing.. :(

FlyFisher
05-10-16, 11:11
Hi,

Just wanted say I share your frustration about the lack of a 'trigger'. For the past few months I have been almost anxiety free, then yesterday I had a relapse. I have not altered my lifestyle at all. I just focus on the fact that I have seen these symptoms before, and in time they will disappear.

ana
05-10-16, 12:36
I find it very difficult to deal with the discomfort of anxiety. The symptoms are hard to ignore, but what I find helps is just letting them happen instead of fighting them off. Fighting off a panic attack is like trying to outswim a tidal wave. You'll go under one way or another. Saying that, though, if you can distract yourself or channel that nervous energy into something else, like physical activity, before it builds up, you can save yourself a lot of grief and panic. Keep busy, try and do things that make you happy. :)