PDA

View Full Version : Cant take much more of this

ella32
24-09-16, 10:01
I'm struggling to cope with this health anxiety every day is a battle trying to convince myself I'm OK. I get chest pains every day and have had tests done and all fine but I'm still terrified they have missed something. Today I'm having pressure feeling under breasts and in chest and I'm thinking it's heart related and it's terrifying me. I was sent to a&e Sunday because of really bad lightheaded feeling and chest pains and shortness of breath they did all the tests ecg,bloods and chest X-ray all came back fine but once again I'm thinking worst case scenario because of the pressure feeling. They even did the blood test to check for clot because I'm in a lot of pain with my leg still am. I'm scared all day everyday because of this and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in therapy for my anxiety . I just feel so alone in this and the fear is crippling me. Xx

Gary A
24-09-16, 12:01
I honestly don't know what you want anyone to say. :shrug:

Kathryn313
24-09-16, 12:19
Are you looking into therapeutic options to help deal with anxiety?

Mercime
24-09-16, 13:01
I'm struggling to cope with this health anxiety every day is a battle trying to convince myself I'm OK. I get chest pains every day and have had tests done and all fine but I'm still terrified they have missed something. Today I'm having pressure feeling under breasts and in chest and I'm thinking it's heart related and it's terrifying me. I was sent to a&e Sunday because of really bad lightheaded feeling and chest pains and shortness of breath they did all the tests ecg,bloods and chest X-ray all came back fine but once again I'm thinking worst case scenario because of the pressure feeling. They even did the blood test to check for clot because I'm in a lot of pain with my leg still am. I'm scared all day everyday because of this and I don't know what to do anymore. I'm in therapy for my anxiety . I just feel so alone in this and the fear is crippling me. Xx

Ella, you have had exhaustive testing, the only one that can halt what's happening is you. There's no point going to A&E, and although I know how terrifying this is, it's wasting resources. You are in therapy and I'm guessing they have told you to stop going to hospital etc - how are they encouraging you to work at overcoming this?

ColdFusi0n
24-09-16, 14:30

Hey. I totally understand how you feel. For one period of time i was going through the same ordeal as you. Feeling thightness in the chest, feeling breathless etc but after going for checks, everything seems fine.

Believe me if i tell you this.

It its very likely to be gas / undigested food going up your gullet. TRUST ME.

If you did have a clot in your artery, a simple ECG test can rule it out easily. If you had a heart attack, your GP would know it and you have to go through a bypass immediately. Its really easy to test if a person is really having a heart attack.

The chest pain you are feeling are caused by gas, acid reflux or undugested food. Most of the time when you feel a sharp pain, its acid reflux. If its tightness then its probably gas or food. If youre feeling light headed or have the feeling to "black out" , its because your stomach lining and gullet are very sensitive. Its a body machenism that tells you to vomit. Like example if you drink too much alcohol and your body cant take it anymore, the nerve in that area will send a signal to your brain to make you vomit. Sometimes the acid in our stomach does that. Even if you need need to vomit, the acid relux or undigested food would irritate the nerves and sending a signal to your brain asking you to vomit it out , thats where the neusea and light headed comes in.

As for racing heart beat, youre just panicking. When you feel pain in your chest, you aumatically feel worried and think youre having a heart attack so your heart beat faster. Then youll realise your heart rate increase and you panic even more! Making your heart even faster!

If you really have a heart attack, youll pass out straight away.

So dont worry

Everytime when u feel tightness in your chest or pain, just drink some water, try to burp or if it dosent go away, just force yourself to vomit.

When you realise everything is related to your stomach, that fear will be gone.

Mercime
24-09-16, 16:27
With respect, you are making (well meaning) assumptions, and parts of your post surrounding heart attack facts and treatment are incorrect.
Having said that, Ella has not got a heart problem, she has been extensively tested.

Her symptoms are likely to be anxiety based, but whether stomach related or not, it is not a good idea to encourage people to make themselves vomit.

ServerError
24-09-16, 16:48
Forcing yourself to vomit is terrible advice. The only time it's wise to induce vomiting is if you've ingested something that must be gotten rid of as quickly as possible, and even then, you should really leave it to doctors to manage it.

Vomiting is something you should allow your body to do if it chooses to do so. Repressing it can be distressing, but forcing it is not wise either. If you have an upset stomach, simply allow it to play out as your body decides.

ella32
24-09-16, 18:48
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm trying to deal with this but it's not easy because if it's not the heart I worry about it's leg pain thinking it a clot. It's exhausting worrying all day everyday and being afraid of dying 24 hrs a day.xx

Mercime
24-09-16, 20:59
You didn't tell us what you are doing in therapy Ella?

Fishmanpa
24-09-16, 22:07
Believe me if i tell you this.

It its very likely to be gas / undigested food going up your gullet. TRUST ME.

If you did have a clot in your artery, a simple ECG test can rule it out easily. If you had a heart attack, your GP would know it and you have to go through a bypass immediately. Its really easy to test if a person is really having a heart attack.

The chest pain you are feeling are caused by gas, acid reflux or undugested food. Most of the time when you feel a sharp pain, its acid reflux. If its tightness then its probably gas or food. If youre feeling light headed or have the feeling to "black out" , its because your stomach lining and gullet are very sensitive. Its a body machenism that tells you to vomit. Like example if you drink too much alcohol and your body cant take it anymore, the nerve in that area will send a signal to your brain to make you vomit. Sometimes the acid in our stomach does that. Even if you need need to vomit, the acid relux or undigested food would irritate the nerves and sending a signal to your brain asking you to vomit it out , thats where the neusea and light headed comes in.

As for racing heart beat, youre just panicking. When you feel pain in your chest, you aumatically feel worried and think youre having a heart attack so your heart beat faster. Then youll realise your heart rate increase and you panic even more! Making your heart even faster!

If you really have a heart attack, youll pass out straight away.

So dont worry

Everytime when u feel tightness in your chest or pain, just drink some water, try to burp or if it dosent go away, just force yourself to vomit.

When you realise everything is related to your stomach, that fear will be gone.

Two time heart attack/triple bypass/stent survivor here. With respect... this is what's commonly known as "malarky" (I'm being nice ;) ) ....smh...

Positive thoughts

ella32
25-09-16, 12:22
You didn't tell us what you are doing in therapy Ella?

I'm being thought ways to calm my body down and learn to relax . It's working on the thoughts of worst case scenario that are the problem but until I learn to relax my body my thoughts will still be the same.xx