PDA

View Full Version : Same old, same old. Can someone help me explain this?

billywhizz
24-09-16, 18:40
Once again I've experienced the one symptom that has me scampering the internet looking for answers.

Walking from one room to another, not really feeling anxious today, certainly not as much as I have recently.

I'm stood and I just turn to talk to my wife. Then I have this split second feeling like everything just shuts down. My brain, head and eyes become disconnected from reality.

I stumbled to my left as I nearly fell over. But as quick as it happens, I'm completely fine again.

My head hasn't felt cloudy/fuzzy all day, I haven't felt unwell, I don't have a cold, I haven't had a headache today, I slept really well last night and had plenty of sleep.

I've experienced this a number of times now, but thankfully (touch wood) it's happened months apart. So yes, it is recurring, but not regularly.

One minute I'm completely in the room, concious of what I'm doing and almost feeling "normal", then the next, and only for literally one second. It feels like I get hit with with a bat on the head, but without the pain. It feels like I might go cross eyed for a moment and then I loose my balance for a moment.

The best way I can describe it is like having a power cut, one minute I'm fine, then the system shuts down, but the backup generator kicks in after a second and calm is restored. (apart from my now anxiety because of it happening)

Can anyone help me figure out what the heck this is, why it might be happening and how I can stop being so afraid of it when it happens.

Is this what other people refer to as a brain zap? I really don't feel its vertigo, because Im not spinning as such, im just falling for a second, or losing my mind.

Help....