PDA

View Full Version : Sinus pain??

Aimee1875
24-09-16, 20:49
I've recently had the cold really bad and I'm only just getting over it but now my face,especially my eyebrows and around my forehead and just under eyebrows are agony to touch and when I bend over the pain is bad. This has only been on the past few days and from what I imagine it's possibly a sinus infection???? Does this sound like one since I've just had the cold plus being tender to touch etc. What helps get rid of this because it's stressing me out and I looked it up (silly I know) and seen brain tumors etc and now I'm panicking:(

Worrywonka
25-09-16, 02:04
Yup.. This sounds very much like sinus pain.

dale12345
25-09-16, 02:35
Sounds like sinus, it can be very painful.. Hot Wash clothes over that part of your face can help alot.

Aimee1875
25-09-16, 09:23
Thanks for both replying,last night I was out for my birthday and had to come home early because the pain was so bad. I managed to sleep somehow and it's not too bad now that I've woke up but I'm waiting on it returning. I think if it starts again I'm going to the doctors tomorrow as I think it's an infection that may need antibiotics:( the pain was just awful

bukendaa
25-09-16, 10:25
Just got over really bad flu also have stuffed up sinus. Run to drs.

Mercime
25-09-16, 10:41
Steam can be really helpful in treating painful sinus conditions. Half fill a bowl with some freshly boiled water, maybe add a couple drops of Olbas Oil, make a "tent" over your head with a towel and inhale the vapour for about 5-10 minutes. Try doing that three times daily, see if it helps xx

Magic
25-09-16, 10:47
Yes, sound like sinus Aimee. I have not had a cold. I had what I thought was tooth ache, after going to the dentist, and having an xray my teeth were ok she suggested I go to see GP which I did.
I have been given antibiotics. Hope you go on ok.

Aimee1875
25-09-16, 10:48
I was using steam yesterday during the day and seemed to really help,but last night it wasn't shifting it:( gonna try again today and see if it helps,but it really does get all the hidden rubbish out your nose which is great! X

Aimee1875
26-09-16, 09:24
Currently sitting in the waiting room at the doctors,absolutely terrified she'll find something wrong

Mercime
26-09-16, 09:42
Betcha she doesn't - or not anything serious anyway.

Sinus issues are damned painful. I'm wondering if maybe you have got an infection up there, the pressure will cause pain. Whatever doc says, I'm sure all will be well. Ask if its OK to continue with the steam, because it sounds like it is helping to loosen and clear out any gunk lurking!
PS - I wouldn't normally advocate Google, but maybe Google something positive and practical, sinus pressure point massage?

Pearly queen
26-09-16, 14:09
I have had a sinus infection for the first time this year and it really sounds like what you have. My advise though, stay away from antibiotics and use a salt water rinse from the chemist or like someone else said, steam. It is much more effective and natural.

Aimee1875
26-09-16, 15:12
She said my lungs were clear,throat and ears good too. She had a feel around my face and said likely sinutitis. I've got a saline spray and also a steroid one too which should help it. The pain hasn't been too bad today but it's a little sore just now,more like a headache. I'm just going to rest for the day and take it easy with lots of fluid and do a steam bowl later. Thanks for taking the time to reply,the pain just makes things seem so much worse:(

Pearly queen
26-09-16, 17:30
It sounds like you have a good Doctor, not just handing out antibiotics which rarely help sinus infections, feel better soon x

Aimee1875
27-09-16, 14:41
I've basically got a headache now that won't go away. It's like a searing pain every now and then and I'm thinking surely this isn't sinus related:( my eye on the sorest side of the sinus problem is watery and I had to take the day off school but have work in an hour and not sure how I'm going to cope. I'm panicking so much every time I stand I feel like I might faint

Pet59
05-10-16, 05:09
How did you end up Aimee regarding sinus pain? I have exactly the same at the minute and so scared it's something sinister. A searing pain on Left side of head, sore under eyes, runny nose one minute and blocked the next. Feel awful. And worried.