PDA

View Full Version : Stomach bloating

Tmbrown
25-09-16, 11:13
The past month or a little more I was getting what I call charlie horses on my right side ribcage if I reached the wrong way. For over a week now when I would eat a meal I would feel so full and bloated in upper stomach without eating alot. I do not have regular bowel movements. Scared It is cancer. I have had anxiety about my health for 15 years. Im 45 now. Been hospitalized twice in past 2 years thinking I was having heart attack from this. Last time i was in hospital was 4 months ago with similar symptoms I have now. Did xrays, bloodwork, had a stress test all came back normal. I had complete bloodwork up again 3 months ago, again normal.
I always find myself trying to self diagnose on internet which makes it worse. Any suggestions as to what could be causing this?

hanshan
25-09-16, 12:15
If the doctors have done extensive tests and come back clear, then it's probably a combination of hyper-awareness of normal physical symptoms accentuated by health anxiety - ie, anxiety.

pepperutchie
25-09-16, 13:27
Hi you can try and calm down a bit because you have all the test and came back negative.and good for you you have it checked by the doctors so trust them

Tmbrown
25-09-16, 17:29
I hate feeling this way. Every ache and pain I have, I think the worst.

hanshan
26-09-16, 05:14
The first thing is that everyone has symptoms: aches, pains, lumps, bumps, feeling tired, bloated, dizzy, missed heartbeats, digestive disturbances - the list goes on.

Most people don't pay them too much attention, hoping they will go away, and fortunately, they usually do. If they don't, eventually the person may see a doctor or talk to a pharmacist.

The health anxiety sufferer, however, pays lots of attention, and two things happen. First, their mind goes straight to an illness they fear, like cancer. Second, anxiety makes the symptom seem stronger and more fearful, and can also create new symptoms.

What to do? Apart from seeking help from a therapist, there are various self-help courses on-line. My advice is to "take a holiday from your body". Don't keep checking symptoms online, or seek continued reassurance if doctors have given you an all clear.

hanshan
26-09-16, 13:17
On further thought, I would recommend at least a separation of mind and body, and perhaps a divorce, on the grounds of break-down of relationship.