PDA

View Full Version : Protein in urine

Mogwog
25-09-16, 11:24
I have been having issues with my bladder since a bad uti in may, so I went back to the drs last week and she dipsticked my urine and said there was protein in it and asked me if my urine was foamy which it is not. She then said she'd have to send it away to see how much protein is in there. I was so frozen by fear I didn't ask what could cause it or anything like that. I should get my results this week but I'm terrified I have kidney disease, there is a family history of it 🙁 anyone had protein and it turned out to be OK?

Nzxt27
25-09-16, 11:33
I'm no doctor but I think a little protein in urine could be ok. And if it turned out to be kidney I'm sure they could slow it down a lot by finding it early and it could be just 1 kidney which means you would be ok anyways. Your kidneys are designed to handle your body alone. We didn't need two. A human kidney when you only have 1 doubles in size and can handle being by itself just fine. I think your going to be ok :)

andysa
27-09-16, 05:53
I had protein in my urine a few months ago and so they retested it a week later and all good. they will only worry when you have consistent protein in your urine.

ScaredMama
27-09-16, 14:17
I've had blood and protein in my urine since childhood. I was told that my kidneys are just leaky filters. I had imaging done at one of the best hospitals in the world. I've been meaning to get my medical records for the official diagnosis because of current issues I am having, but I remember being told that in my case, it was nothing to worry about.