PDA

View Full Version : HELLO IM LOU. I NEED HELP PLEASE............

lou
13-10-04, 10:55
HELLO,
MY NAME IS LOU.
I AM 32 YEARS OLD.
I HAVE 3 BOYS AGED 14,10 AND 9 AND MARRIED.
I SUFFER FROM SOCIAL ANXIETY.
I CANNOT GO OUT OF MY HOUSE ON MY OWN ANY MORE. I USED TO HOLD A MANAGERIAL JOB BUT HAD A BREAKDOWN AT XMAS AND EVER SINCE THEN MY PROBLEM HAS GOT WORSE.
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE PROBLEM SINCE I WAS ABOUT 11.
I DONT GO INTO SUPERMARKETS ON MY OWN( BUT AS PREVIOUSLY SAID I DONT GO ANY WHERE ON MY OWN.
EVEN WHEN I AM WITH THE FAMILY I GO RED AND GET THE SHAKES.
MY LIFE AT THE MOMENT IS I TAKE THE 2 YOUNGEST BOYS TO SCHOOL IN THE CAR OF COURSE( I FEEL SAFE IN THE CAR) AND PICK THEN UP, THEN THE REST OF THE DAY I LOCK THE DOORS AND GO TO BED.
I AM GOING TO BE HYPNOTISED TONIGHT, I HOPE THIS WILL HELP ME AS I NEED TO DO SOMETHING NOW AS I HAVE NO LIFE AND THIS IS NOT FAIR ON MY CHILDREN.

BUT WHAT I AM REALLY LOOKING FOR IS TO JOIN A GROUP WHERE OTHER PEOPLE SUFFER THE SAME( SOCIAL ANXIETY), I KNOW I CAN DO THIS.

SO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY SUPPORT GROUPS IN STROUD- GLOUCESTERSHIRE PLEASE CONTACT ME, I KNOW I REALLY NEED HELP.

THANKU ALL

LOU

seh1980
13-10-04, 12:51
hello Lou,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure that you will finds loads of help and support here. I hope to get to know you better in the near future.

Sarah :D

KW
13-10-04, 14:17
Hi Lou

Welcome to the site. I suffer with Social Anxiety / Phobia too. Good luck with the hypnotherapy. I am going to start having CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy soon). Have you considered this for yourself? I'm sure they will offer group therapy as it's part of facing the fear. Hope all goes well tonight for you.

KW

Karen
13-10-04, 15:08
Hi Lou

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your breakdown and the problems you are experiencing. I too have social phobia/anxiety and there was a time where I couldn't go out anywhere on my own. I do now do things like go to the supermarket, to the shops etc, but talking is my biggest problem. There are a few of us here who have social phobia.

It is good that you are starting hypnotherapy. I hope this goes well for you tonight.

I am sure you will get lots of help and support here.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

davebrum
13-10-04, 15:21
hi lou my story sounds pretty similar to yours ill look out for a group for you and just want to say i havent been on no panic that long but i have been given great support and help im sure you will to.
why dont you try the chat room some one there may be able to help you out with the group you are looking for try about 8 - 9 ish at night thats when most of us are in chatting
take care
david
xxxx:D

lou
13-10-04, 15:48
thanku david.
i am in a bit of a state at the moment.
worrying about 2nite.
lou

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi lou my story sounds pretty similar to yours ill look out for a group for you and just want to say i havent been on no panic that long but i have been given great support and help im sure you will to.
why dont you try the chat room some one there may be able to help you out with the group you are looking for try about 8 - 9 ish at night thats when most of us are in chatting
take care
david
xxxx:D

<div align="right">Originally posted by davebrum - 13 October 2004 : 15:21:33</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

lou
13-10-04, 15:50
LOU HERE.

THANKU 2 U ALL.

SORRY I DONT KNOW HOW 2 REPLY INDIVUALLY.

LOU.

minny
13-10-04, 16:07
Hi Lou!

I too have a very similar story to yours! Ive not yet tried hypnotherapy but I take medication and I see a counsellor weekly. The help Ive received from this site has been wonderful. :)

Good luck with tonight and let us all know how you get on!

Love Minny..xx

lou
13-10-04, 16:15
HI MINNY,

I WILL COME BACK ON 2NITE AND LET U ALL KNOW HOW I GAT ON WITH THE HYPNOTHERPY.

THANKS 4 TALKING

LOU

Meg
13-10-04, 17:52
Hi Lou,

Welcome to the site,

Social phobia is just one of the neuroses and with patience, persistance, practice and perseverence you can get fully over it .

You are doing right byu goingt o get some help .

Do you know what started it all off last Christmas and can you recognise some differences between agoraphobia and social anxiety and where you feel your issues originate from

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

nomorepanic
13-10-04, 20:05
Hi Lou

Welcome to the forum

You are doing well to get out if you drive the kids to school so that is a start isn't it.

I hope the Hypnotherapy went well - please let us know!

Nicola

lou
13-10-04, 21:52
HELLO EVERYONE,
THANKU FOR ALL REPLIES.
IT REALLY DOES HELP KNOWING OTHER PEOPLE R LIKE ME AND THAT I AM NOT MAD.

I HAD MY HYPNOTHERAPY.
AND I DO FEEL ABIT BETTER.
SHE HAS SET ME GOALS.
TOMORROW I HAVE TO JUST WALK AROUND THE BLOCK WITH MY DOG AND GO INTO A SMALL SHOP TO BUY A NOTEBOOK(TO WRITE DOWN MY GOALS) AND TRY AND EXERCISE.
WE HAVE A CABIN FULL OF EXERCISE EQUIPMENT THAT I WANTED BUT NEVER COULD BE BOTHERED TO USE.

I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW TOMORROW EVENING IF I COULD DO ANY OF THE ABOVE.

jill
13-10-04, 21:57
Hi Lou,

Welcome to the site,
Sorry to hear about your break down.
You have come to the right place,
you will get lots of help and support
here.

TAKE CARE

JILLXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.

sal
14-10-04, 00:07
Hi Lou

Welcome to the site and by no way are you mad, although many times before i came on site i thought i was.

I appreciate how alone we all feel without sites like this but now you know how you are suffering is normal for people like us although really hard to contend with.

Keep in touch.

Love Sal xxxxx

jo-jo
14-10-04, 09:16
Hi Lou

A big welcome to the site :D everyone hear is really friendly and you'll get some great advice to help you on the road to recovery.

Best wishes, Jo xx