PDA

View Full Version : RE:Labyrinthtis

Danuella
28-03-07, 23:23
Thankyou very much for your reply it has eased me somewhat but you mentioned predisposing factors,i didnt mention i have Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and last year i had an operation for Chronic sinusitis,i had a septoplasty,Turbinate reduction,Bone spur removal and a limited FESS i also have an allergy to grass could any of these be classed as a predisposing factor,i also dont know if any damage was done to my inner ear due to the labyrinthtis is this possible?I know that i cant spin round even once as i find this gets me very dizzy but dont know if this is real or a psychological thing?also could you tell me if its normal for hearing to be dull if you are nasally congested as i seem to get this alot and whatever side nasally i am congested my hearing seems a bit dull in that ear and when i swallow the clicking in my ears doesnt seem as loud in that nasally congested side ear!!
Hugs
xx

RLR
29-03-07, 19:19
Acoustics are based upon a medium through which tympanic vibrations can be established. Naturally, if there is a disturbance in this process with disequilibrium of air pressure or other factors, there will be an attenuated sense of hearing as a consequence.

The fact that you can spin and cause a rather explicit response would be more associated with a vestibular process than with anxiety, which by contrast usually occurs as a very fleeting experience for a second or two before returning to normal and doesn't require a stimulus to be present.

Danuella
29-03-07, 19:25
Thankyou for that response,do you think that is something to worry about or should i just chill out,i have to admit if i do have to spin i get very tense,you didnt mention if you thought any of the above could be predisposing factors,or is that what you meant about the acoustics.I'm sorry i kinda didnt understand your reply
Hugs
xx