PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while...

helenhoo
26-09-16, 11:38
I wish to make this brief as I've been doing so well but having a slightly relapse today. In the past few weeks I've been almost anxiety free.

However i stupidly decided to rest balance thing again. I don't move much with Romberg, can walk heel toe perfectly

I read on yahoo answers that if you can't balance on one foot eye closed that it's a problem and possible tumor. Now even though I know that statement is ridiculous it's still stuck with me. I got my mom to try and she couldn't do it either. I'm 26 and feel 100% just let down with myself for testing.

Gary A
26-09-16, 12:48
As you've aluded to, that statement about having a possible tumour is total nonsense. I doubt many people could balance on one leg with their eyes closed, I sure can't.

You've got to avoid any and all things that could trigger you. You know this. Reading about neurological tests and what the implications are, especially on something like yahoo answers, will simply send you back into a spiral.

BrokenGirl
26-09-16, 14:37
I was worried about a brain tumor a few years ago,, had an MRI done and everything was fine. I remember doing that same test, standing on one foot with eyes closed, and i couldn't do it. I asked my partner to try it and he couldn't do it either. We both lost our balance after a few seconds. So what you read on yahoo answers is absolute nonsense.
Some people will just write anything.
So there is nothing wrong with you. It would probably be more unusual if you could balance on one foot with eyes closed....

skymaid
26-09-16, 14:47
good job not thinking about this stuff for a while Helen. That's really impressive, i can't manage to avoid my obsessive thoughts for that long at all yet.

Try and recognise it as a small blip and continue your great progress :)

flipp
27-09-16, 10:22
Howdy Helen. I am battling too stand on two legs,let alone one
Yep you gotta stay away from Dr Google and the other one.
Take Care x:D.

Pearly queen
27-09-16, 14:33
I can assure you I have great difficulty keeping my balance on one leg with my eyes closed and I can positively tell almost everyone would, I know this because I do yoga and actually have very good balance on one foot but ONLY with my eyes open! Never consult Yahoo for anything. Ps. Most people take ages to even learn to balance on one foot with their eyes open.

AJ59
27-09-16, 14:53
I actually went to a football camp and one of the exercises that the trainers had us do was 1) balance on one foot, eyes open -and 2) after the first exercise, balance on one foot eyes closed. As you might guess, the 2nd exercise was very difficult for 99% of us :)

Definitely not something to worry about! I think it's difficult for most people to stand even on two legs with their eyes closed.

swgrl09
28-09-16, 02:55
Glad you have been doing better!

heyitsmeyou
28-09-16, 10:25
No, it's certainly not a significant sign of a brain tumour. Why? I have a brain tumour and pass the Romberg test with flying colours. I can stand with one foot and eyes closed for quite a while, though I still wobble. You have all these perfectly healthy people telling you they can't do it but the one guy that actually has a brain tumour can. :roflmao: So don't believe what you read on yahoo answers. :hugs: