View Full Version : Belching and heartburn :(

jaynehal
26-09-16, 13:56
Hi

Anyone else suffer from belching/heartburn/indigestion with anxiety

Thanks

xBettyBoopx
27-09-16, 05:12
I suffer with it. Not sure if mine is related to anxiety though. I have reflux too, I think they all go together pretty much. I also burp from the other end a lot too :wacko::wacko::whistles::whistles:

sherry68
27-09-16, 14:45
I suffer from heartburn and belching with and without anxiety. I have gerd and I can vouch that the anxiety makes it worse. It is no fun to have such a bloated tummy and continous belching...:weep:

jaynehal
27-09-16, 19:42
Thanks for the replys really getting me down ive got this everyday sometimes it's better than others, have to wait 4 weeks for the camera down not looking forward to that :( worried about the results, today ive tried two coffees and ive been shocking my throat is burning is this the reflux?

Can GERD be cured?

What can help anyone any ideas?

thanks

jayne

Beckybecks
27-09-16, 20:12
Ive had this problem often. A combination of anxiety and bad eating habits.

Acid reflux causes the burning sensation in your throat on swallowing. I was given omeprazole for this and just take one now and again when needed.

I find if I eat carefully I don't have a problem. I avoid wheat and fatty foods because they cause acid and indigestion. I also avoid any foods that cause excess bloating and these include broccoli and beans.

Anxiety makes it all much worse. Oh and coffee always causes problems for me.

Keep a food diary and eliminate the problem foods and you'll find it'll all calm down.

jaynehal
27-09-16, 20:40
Thank you so much!

Do you think it is just acid reflux?

Ive had it three weeks just wondering why the lansoperazole that the doctor prescribed isn't working every day or is it my lifestyle that I need to change more.

My throat is really bad today it's getting me down

Beginning to think i can't eat or drink anything

Xx

Beckybecks
27-09-16, 20:47
It can take a while to improve. The FODMAP diet is helpful to get your system right. Google it. It's helped me. I've given up wheat for good because it's seems to be the worst culprit for me. And any junk food (all the things I love .... ). :(
Your throat hurts from the acid that's burnt it. So be careful what you eat for a while.
It'll get better, don't worry?

dale12345
29-09-16, 23:14
zantac is good for acid.