PDA

View Full Version : Skin cancer worry! When will this end???

Pearly queen
26-09-16, 14:04
I seem to be getting worse on a weekly basis with my health anxiety. It is literally one thing sorted and within days a new symptom has cropped up and of course it is always life threatening! I came back from holiday in July and a few weeks later noticed what felt like a tiny crusty spot on my back, it was white. I knew it wasn't a skin tag as it was too hard. I ignored it and because it's hard to see just expected it would go away. It hasn't,and now I am convinced it is bigger than before and redder. My husband squeezed it last night and what seemed like a whitehead came out (sorry, gross, I know!). I thought that might be it gone but no. It's now red and just feels more like a spot. I am now worried it has changed though and therefore is a melanoma or something. I am seeing my gp on Wednesday anyway. I will probably mention it to her but really don't want to in case of what she says. And if it's just a spot I will feel really stupid. But could a spot last this long?

Captain irrational
26-09-16, 17:41
I seem to be getting worse on a weekly basis with my health anxiety. It is literally one thing sorted and within days a new symptom has cropped up and of course it is always life threatening! I came back from holiday in July and a few weeks later noticed what felt like a tiny crusty spot on my back, it was white. I knew it wasn't a skin tag as it was too hard. I ignored it and because it's hard to see just expected it would go away. It hasn't,and now I am convinced it is bigger than before and redder. My husband squeezed it last night and what seemed like a whitehead came out (sorry, gross, I know!). I thought that might be it gone but no. It's now red and just feels more like a spot. I am now worried it has changed though and therefore is a melanoma or something. I am seeing my gp on Wednesday anyway. I will probably mention it to her but really don't want to in case of what she says. And if it's just a spot I will feel really stupid. But could a spot last this long?

Sounds nothing like melanoma to me. My money would be on a spot, maybe a cyst, both of which can hang around for a suprisingly long time.

Phuzella
26-09-16, 18:00
And squeezing it has aggravated it. Leave it alone:)