PDA

View Full Version : Oral cancer fear - red dot throat

robin321
26-09-16, 16:36
Yesterday I was driving, it was sunny, and for some reason my mouth was open and because it was so bright I could see everything. Just above my throat, I have one red dot. It is pretty small (2mm tops), round, and redish pink. It stands out from the rest of the flesh. My throat is redish on both sides, but that is lower. This is more my soft palette.

Of course I research, and read that red patches are a big red flag for oral cancer. Is this a patch? Not yet, it is more like a pin prick.

On Friday I ate salty chocolate, and I did feel it irritate my mouth, and little sores come up. Citrus does this to me also.

Or maybe I injured it.

Anyway, just scared of the worst. Keep shining flashlight to look, or taking photos and zooming in.

Kathryn313
26-09-16, 20:34
Have you booked in to see a dentist? Doubtful anything to worry about.

However taking photos wont make a blind bit of difference to the any outcome. They will however feed your anxiety.
And you will probably also make your throat feel sore and you tongue achy because you keep sticking it out each time you try get a better look.
I know from experience of checking a small bump on mine (currently resolved). You will then be convinced that a sore throat and achy tongue is further evidence of something wrong.