PDA

View Full Version : Uti/kidney stones

MissSunshine
26-09-16, 16:56
Since Friday Ive been having the urge to urinate all the time and burning upon weeing. Today I went to the doctors and they took a sample of my urine and tested it with a strip. It showed alot of blood and an infection

The doctor gave me antibiotics for a UTI and said to drink alot of water to flush anything out if there is anything

I'm freaking out because when I came home after drinking a lot of water I passed 3 small stones which I assume is kidney stones.

I was getting pain at the end of weeing which indicates this but this was my only symptom of kidney stones i had no fever or pain in my back or stomach so I am ever so confused.

Does this mean its all out now? I am scared at the fact there may be more stones as the doctor told me about blocked stones and how painful it will be if i did have it, So im just sat here worrying this will happen.

Any tips or advise from people who have had the same or know of it?
Thank you love to all xx

NancyW
26-09-16, 18:59
Ugh, I feel for you.. we just went through this with my son.

CT scan shows the stones and so does ultrasound. They did not show with a regular xray.

There is no way to know if they are all out without imaging in one form or the other.

He had 2, the first one was removed by surgery, then second he was able to pass. Followup ultrasound found no more stones.

He has literally felt like a time bomb for over a year. He was considering having it blasted, but was waiting until the next followup to discuss with the urologist.