PDA

View Full Version : Sudden burning in the middle of the stomach

paranoid-viking
26-09-16, 19:49
About 10-15 minutes after having a hamburger meal a sudden burning feeling was felt in my middle uper stomach. It only lasted for seconds. I hope this is not dangerous, but I am am scared like helle this days. BTW, I have acid reflux.
Someone?

SLA
26-09-16, 20:14
Chew your food, and eat slowly.

</thread>

paranoid-viking
26-09-16, 22:15
I do that and it has nothing to do with that. So no one knows about this. Is it an IBS phenonomen?

Mercime
26-09-16, 22:21
If you have acid reflux, a hamburger isn't really the kind of food that will help it! I would suggest looking at what you eat, and at getting support to cut out your alcohol intake - which will also aggravate things. With stomach issues, it's always best to go back to basics to improve any problematic symptoms, rather than looking for random causes. Diet is the first thing you should be looking at, hopefully that will help matters.

paranoid-viking
26-09-16, 22:24
If you have acid reflux, a hamburger isn't really the kind of food that will help it! I would suggest looking at what you eat, and at getting support to cut out your alcohol intake - which will also aggravate things. With stomach issues, it's always best to go back to basics to improve any problematic symptoms, rather than looking for random causes. Diet is the first thing you should be looking at, hopefully that will help matters.

Yes, but it never happened in the past although I have had acid reflux as a kid; although I got the diagnosis 10 years ago when my throat got more and more painful so i got nexium. So it could be that the acid reflux have worsened and burning feeling in stomach gets worse over the years?

Mercime
26-09-16, 22:28
Absolutely it can. But also, eating a poor diet will contribute to this, and like anything us that's not good for us, the longer we carry on without making a change, the higher the chance that our conditions will gradually worsen. Try dietary changes x

paranoid-viking
26-09-16, 22:31
Absolutely it can. But also, eating a poor diet will contribute to this, and like anything us that's not good for us, the longer we carry on without making a change, the higher the chance that our conditions will gradually worsen. Try dietary changes x

I guess. Perhaps nexium has been a "pacifier". I was careful about what to eat before I got it because I had painful throat burning every day. After that I felt that I could eat and digest anything as long as I took nexium.

Mercime
26-09-16, 22:38
One way to find out!