PDA

View Full Version : Pancreatic stone saw consultant am freaking out

gordie1
26-09-16, 20:39
Hi I had an MRI on 17th and I went to see consultant today, as I have been having back shoulder and abdominal pain GP thought gallbladder problems. Ultrasound unsuccesful too much fat could not see gallbladder. MRI has shown something unusual he said the scan has shown a stone at the bottom of my pancreas. He is going to check the scan, consult with colleagues and get me back into the clinic fairly soon he said. He only read it is I was sitting there. I am a bit concerned he said the scan showed nothing wrong with my gallbladder ?? But he wants to go away and view the scan because he didnt understand what was written or the way it was written on the report. It is making me think I have pancreatic cancer, and they could have missed it. Who reads the scans? I now have to wait until I get an appointment again to find out what is happening next he said maybe an endescopic removal or surgery. Totally freaking out. I am going to see my own doctor tomorrow

andysa
27-09-16, 05:40
your gallbladder liver and pancreas share a tube called the common bile duct. Sometimes what happens is that a gallstone can get stuck in the join of this duct which can effect you pancreas giving you the symptoms you described. They would then need to go and remove the stone and sometimes the gall bladder. Your doctor should explain this to you