PDA

View Full Version : Chronic pain and anxiety

highandlow
26-09-16, 21:20
Hi all
I have psoriasis and was diagnosed with associated arthritis in 2011. I excessively researched the arthritis part then bam I had it .Went on meds , didn't work then I became obsessed with ms . I did not have ms (had scans etc.)
Anyway ,I went back to rheumatology and the doc said my joints are fine .
But I'm in chronic pain . I asked about fibromyalgia etc.but he was like nope .
Thinks it's anxiety , my arthritis isn't serious .

Can anxiety/depression cause chronic pain . I seem to ache all over and feel in pain . Is there anything I can do ? He mentioned seeing a clinical psychologist. I'd love to feel even slightly well.

Thanks .

lotusblossom
26-09-16, 22:05
I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia 10 years ago at my local rheumatology clinic and had to give up work because of the pain . I can honestly say that my anxiety disorder has made my pain a lot worse and even small tasks are hard to do. I also get fatigue which just comes on out of the blue fibromyalgia is notorious as is anxiety so I get a double dose of everything 5 to 10 minutes of physical usage and I have to sit down then I get up and do some more some days I manage 15 minutes then have to sit again I always had physical jobs as sitting at a desk or in an office would have driven me stir crazy I have had to learn to live with the limits of what I can do and I don't like it but theres nothing I can do about it. Some doctors don't believe theres such a thing as fibromyalgia but believe me its out there and it does exist.